idiot me...

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
Got pulled lastnight in NC. My lic and plates are suspended in IL. Thought for sure I was going to the station lastnight, but I didnt. He was even nice enough to let someone come get the car for me. But I did get mandatory court and driving on a revoked.

Court is Oct 5th, can I get driving privelages to work? This kills me as I work on the total opposite side of town, and have a 1yr old that goes to day care 5 days a week. This week I have lucked out as my girl is on 2nd shift, but getting my son and getting home is gonna be tough.

What happens if I get busted again? Its definatly not something I want to chance, but at the same time I dont have a whole lot of options. :whine: I would imagine at the very least the car would get towed this time. :shrug:

Lawman85

Banned
In Ga it is a madatory arrest. Not sure about NC, probably the same. My advice, don't risk it. You have a little one to take care of and the more infractions you get against your license, the longer it takes to get them back. I would find a friend/family/taxi for transport. You can get limited permits in some situations to allow you to get to work and back. I would just speak to the solicitor on that before your court date and explain your situation.

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
thanks guys, I figured as much.

this week getting a ride has worked out, but I lucked out with my girl working second. Im not sure how next week or there after will play out. :(

98slowbra

Established Member
when I got my dwi's I was handed a work permit to drive to and from work and that is it I lost it for 6 months and had the work permit in Iowa and lost it 30 days the 2nd time in SD and got a work permit. Check into getting a work permit it will let you drive legal.

Users who are viewing this thread