Id1000 and BAP or Return Style Fuel System for 11 shelby

jazz

Established Member
was thinking about goin e85 since i only have crappy 91 around here. I'm getting 3" pulley for my Kb and Lund tune, its not recommend on 91... i noticed some members have just done id1000 and Bap to make the switch. For now would just injectors and Bap be ok for e85 or not... i would eventually get the return style. Just wanted some opinions... or i can just do can of torco with 91 which i don't really wana do. trying to achieve low 700's rwhp

fauls gt500

Established Member
You can just do Id 1000cc injectors with bap will max out right at 700 rwhp unless you swap stock fuel pumps with aem then you can get close to 750 rwhp . We just did 689 rwhp on e85 with stock Eaton

jonw605

Established Member
Builttodrive just tuned for E85 on stock fuel with ID 1000's and a BAP. No problems. See his mods signature.
I will datalog on E85 soon with gen 1 VMP on my 2011 with BAP. VMP thinks I should be just fine. I too am running ID 1000's.

nxhappy

Established Member
Torco works man. IF you don't wanna go e85. Either that or order race fuel online. Is this your DD ?

Kenne Bell

Established Member
You can achieve your goal with the ID1000's, BAP and E85. I have a GT 3v with the ID1000's Shelby dual pumps, BAP, E85 and make 740RWHP daily driven. We pushed it to 811RWHP on the Dyno.

jazz

Established Member
Builttodrive just tuned for E85 on stock fuel with ID 1000's and a BAP. No problems. See his mods signature.
I will datalog on E85 soon with gen 1 VMP on my 2011 with BAP. VMP thinks I should be just fine. I too am running ID 1000's.

alright thanks buddy. Letme know how it goes for you...

jazz

Established Member
Torco works man. IF you don't wanna go e85. Either that or order race fuel online. Is this your DD ?

i do drive it 3-4 times a week. thinking about torch now but e85 is so much cheaper here and its only like 2 mins away from my house

jazz

Established Member
You can achieve your goal with the ID1000's, BAP and E85. I have a GT 3v with the ID1000's Shelby dual pumps, BAP, E85 and make 740RWHP daily driven. We pushed it to 811RWHP on the Dyno.

I'm really thinking about just doing the ID1000 injectors now i already have the Bap which i received with the kb kit. just hoping it doesn't do any damage... some recommend going with the return style fuel system and some recommend just injectors and Bap

69b302

Established Member
I'm really thinking about just doing the ID1000 injectors now i already have the Bap which i received with the kb kit. just hoping it doesn't do any damage... some recommend going with the return style fuel system and some recommend just injectors and Bap

The issue with big returnless fuel systems, is what happens on shifts. Fuel demand goes from very high, to very low, and then back to high, all very quickly(assuming you can shift). I upgraded to return after data logging some 1/4 mile runs. I did have enough fuel(Fuel duty cycle low 90s) when WOT, but on shifts the fuel pressure would spike and then drop when getting back on the throttle. My Fuel pump duty cycle would spike to 100% and pressure drop across the injectors got as low as 18 psi. This only lasted a brief instant, but I calculated it was a couple firing cycles before fuel pressure recovered. You can do some tuning tricks to help, but the real solution is return. I have a lot invested in my motor, so once I reviewed the logs, I converted to return. You could no-lift shift or go auto trans and the issue I mention goes away.

devilish64

Established Member
get the ID1000's and give E85 a shot.... it should work for your power levels.... Data log it and if you don't have enough pump capacity John lund will let you know and then you know what you have to do at that point. At least you wont have to buy any parts over again plus the id1000's are great easy to tune injectors...... BUT The stock fuel line is what 3/8 diamater though?? I can never seem to stop modding my car... so I am just gonna bite the bullet ad be ready for adding more and MORE

Last edited:

builttodrive

Established Member
I just did a dyno session on mine. Mods in signature. I went very conservative/safe on the tune and didn't fully tap into the cars full potential. On a Dynojet at about 1,500 ft elevation I made 667 WHP and 634 WTQ on E85 at 17* timing and went to 6,200 RPM. I was told that if we added some timing and turned the motor a little higher i would most likely see number in the 700 range. I had good room left on injectors and fuel pump duty cycle in my logs on the dyno. I may turn the wick up at some point but for now I'm going to play nice on with the fresh motor and the tune is safe enough to run from E70-E90 without any issues.

a_gorman

Established Member
It is my understanding that ID1000's are not the best choice for E85. I believe the ID1300's are the better choice if you plan of running E85.

There is a specific reason but I'll have to go back and look through my notes. I just remember Van Collier from Revan explaining this to me before.

Just some FYI I guess

Last edited:

builttodrive

Established Member
It is my understanding that ID1000's are not the best choice for E85. I believe the ID1300's are the better choice if you plan of running E85.

There is a specific reason but I'll have to go back and look through my notes. I just remember Van Collier from Revan explaining this to me before.

Just some FYI I guess

I have never heard this. Not saying that it couldn't be true. The only reason I could see going to ID1300's is if you planned to push the bar beyond the 700 mark by a ways. I think around the 750rwhp mark the ID1000'S would be reaching their limit on E85 and then the larger ID1300 would be needed. My drivability is great for me on E85 with the ID1000's

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I make 818 at the tires with:

ID1000s
Fore hat
twin 465's
Fore regulator
BPS rails

We're about to call that a "kit" since my demure little Christine was the test dummy for it. Triggered off the FPDMs.

a_gorman

Established Member
Although the ID100's indicate on their website that they are compatible with all know fuels, the ID1300's are the only Injector Dynamics injector that is constructed with an all stainless internals. The ID1000's are compatible with ethanol, however the ID1300's are designed specifically with the use of ethanol in mind. Take a look at their web site or even better talk to Van.

devilish64

Established Member
most common E85 injector on gt500's is the ID1000 weather the 1300's were designed for E85 or not.... can't argue with the results. I couldnt stomach paying that much for an injector anyways. I think the 1000's have a much higher capicty than 750rwhp if you have the appropriate pumps behind them. hey BJ.... your not using the stock lines at that level are you? I was looking to do that exact setup through a fore kit. but if you guys have a kit coming.... I would love to support you guys. any idea on the release of "the kit"?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
most common E85 injector on gt500's is the ID1000 weather the 1300's were designed for E85 or not.... can't argue with the results. I couldnt stomach paying that much for an injector anyways. I think the 1000's have a much higher capicty than 750rwhp if you have the appropriate pumps behind them. hey BJ.... your not using the stock lines at that level are you? I was looking to do that exact setup through a fore kit. but if you guys have a kit coming.... I would love to support you guys. any idea on the release of "the kit"?

ID1000's are compatible with all available fuels. The 1300's have stainless internals and were built specifically for alternative fuels, but why pay the extra cost when the 1000's will more than do the trick on this type of system?

We're hoping to have finalized pricing on our return style kit by next week. It's NOT a "budget" kit, but neither is it as expensive as buying the entire kit from a premier manufacturer of the components.

We are using braided with Teflon so no leaking/seeping/bleed-through.

bj

Last edited:

bFoxGt500

Established Member
Good news BJ. I want to replace my braided rubber pieces with the teflon. Will you be selling the lines separate or only with a kit? I don't know if the lines are the cause, or the only cause, but the vapor smell in the cab gets pretty strong when running hard for a while and there is a pretty strong odor in the garage after sitting for a while. I've checked and checked for leaks and besides the so-called hermetically sealed wires coming out the hat, there is no trace of a gas leak. I did notice, however, when I pulled the apart plugs-in connections on those wires that they were wet inside the connector. Not too sure what I can do about that though.

Users who are viewing this thread