ID1000/1300 vs Others

CCM

Established Member
I have noticed a lot of the E85 guys here are running injectors from Injector Dynamics. I have been considering getting a set myself since I have been struggling with driveability issues and currently have the blower off the car to fix a possible vacuum leak and take care of some other things. The thing that has made me hesitate is obviously the price. According to the calculator on their website, I will need ID1300s for my setup, which cost a whopping $1800. :dw:

Capture2_zps3e88117c.jpg

The issues I have been having with my current set up are...

1. Wildly inconsistent starts. Sometimes the engine will turn over in 3-4 seconds with no gas pedal, almost like stock. Other times it won't start unless I give it some gas and let it crank for 6-8 seconds. And then once it has started, sometimes it will stay running completely fine, other times it will sputter like it's about to die and just barely hang onto an idle, and other times it will sputter and then die.

2. Difficulty returning to idle. If the car is idling good and then I stab the gas, 90% of the time it won't return to idle after it throttles up, it will just die. Similarly, unless I am very precise about when I engage the clutch when I come to a stop, the car will also usually die instead of falling to an idle. The only real way I can get it to hang onto idle when coming to a stop is if I take my foot completely off the gas at about 2000 rpm, let it coast in gear, and then push the clutch in once it's down to about 1200 rpm.

3. Delayed and then choppy fuel delivery when I get back on the gas after coasting (presumably). If I'm on the highway and I let off the gas to coast, I watch my AEM wideband go way lean (understandably). But then when I put my foot back on the gas, for probably about 3/4 of a second, nothing happens, no acceleration, no change on the wideband, nothing. Then I will suddenly get knocked back in my seat as the car takes off for a moment, way too much for how far down I have the pedal, and then the power delivery will lunge back and forth for a second or two until it gets to where it should be.

So I guess my question is, do you think that the ID1300's are really that much superior to my current injectors (Bosch 105s) to be worth over 2x as much? And for those of you that already have a set of IDs, do you ever experience any of the driveability issues I described above?

My setup is: 5.0L MMR stroker, 8.5:1 compression, stock heads, stock cams, 3.4 Whipple crusher @ 27 psi, E85 running through a return-style system (dual 465s, Division X fuel rails, Bosch 105s).

Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Yea a tuner who knows what he is doing can get any brand injetcor to work. Some take more effort and knowledge then others but the hell if id drop $1800 on a set of injectors. I have FRPP 80s which people say are crap and they all swear by ID1000s. I guarantee if I swapped no one would know what injector was in the car to begin with.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
$1800 for ID1300's?!?

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you a better price on them then that.

The ID1300's are a really nice injector when it comes to drive ability tuning. They're more consistent and function alot better then other injectors at lower duty cycles. This can resolve some drive ability / idle tuning issues. On the newer 2011 up cars this makes a huge difference where as in 2010 and older it's not so much of a difference.

Now with that being said your issues don't sound like ones that will be resolved from a different set of injectors.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I run 80s in mine.
It runs great, makes power and drives like stcok.
According to the ID chart I need ID1300??

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Injector Dynamics "ID1300" Fuel Injectors - Justin's Performance Center

JPCRacing has them for $1560 as he already pointed out in this thread. I'm trying to decide if my setup would be fine with ID1000s or if I need the 1300s. Anybody know the average 4.6l/twin turbo/e85 horsepower supporting capability of the 1000s?

*EDIT* - JPCFORUM coupon code does not work with these injectors.

Last edited:

CCM

Established Member
$1800 for ID1300's?!?

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you a better price on them then that.

The ID1300's are a really nice injector when it comes to drive ability tuning. They're more consistent and function alot better then other injectors at lower duty cycles. This can resolve some drive ability / idle tuning issues. On the newer 2011 up cars this makes a huge difference where as in 2010 and older it's not so much of a difference.

Now with that being said your issues don't sound like ones that will be resolved from a different set of injectors.

Thanks for your input! I definitely didn't know that the Coyote engines were better candidates for the IDs than the older cars. That is good to know.

I guess I need to take a closer look at the tune before I drop a ton of money on a new set of injectors. And at least now I know I can get a better deal if I decide to make the switch. :beer:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Injector Dynamics "ID1300" Fuel Injectors - Justin's Performance Center

JPCRacing has them for $1560 as he already pointed out in this thread. I'm trying to decide if my setup would be fine with ID1000s or if I need the 1300s. Anybody know the average 4.6l/twin turbo/e85 horsepower supporting capability of the 1000s?

*EDIT* - JPCFORUM coupon code does not work with these injectors.

I just fixed that. Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks for your input! I definitely didn't know that the Coyote engines were better candidates for the IDs than the older cars. That is good to know.

I guess I need to take a closer look at the tune before I drop a ton of money on a new set of injectors. And at least now I know I can get a better deal if I decide to make the switch. :beer:

:beer:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I'm trying to decide if my setup would be fine with ID1000s or if I need the 1300s. Anybody know the average 4.6l/twin turbo/e85 horsepower supporting capability of the 1000s?
You will be maxed out at around 1000rwhp with 1000cc injectors. However, you can run more fuel pressure to compensate if you went overkill on your pumps.

Those bosch injectors are high quality injectors. Instead of spending all that cash on ID's, I would get your car retuned. I'd recommend you give Bob Kurgan a call.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We've used the Bosch 105's on a few cars here and have sold a ton of sets, they work amazing when you have a tuner that can tune them. They are not a difficult tuning injector, the tuner just needs to have the right info. Lund does our tuning and he likes them a lot. Have someone else tune the car, the 105's are quality and will support your power with room to go higher.

fr03cobra

Established Member
I got a set of ID1000's for 825. i don't see the point of buying 1500-1800 dollar ID1300's if your under 1000hp.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Lots of people run the Bosch 105's and they work great. Those issues sound like a tuning problem. I will say that I had the Bosch 1680cc injectors (base injector for the ID1600). They were recalled for heat soak issues a while back. But in addition to that, after upgrading to the FIC2150's (base injector for the ID2000), throttle response is much improved and it doesn't hunt like it did. So the injectors can create a mechanical issue that can wreak havoc. But typically, the 105's are good.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
You will be maxed out at around 1000rwhp with 1000cc injectors. However, you can run more fuel pressure to compensate if you went overkill on your pumps.

Those bosch injectors are high quality injectors. Instead of spending all that cash on ID's, I would get your car retuned. I'd recommend you give Bob Kurgan a call.

I have 160s now that I think is overkill for my setup. What injectors are you running?

GodStang

Established Member
As said many times it is the tune. Having visited many many tuners in a quest for a car that would run I know the the issue when I see them. FRPP 80s on E85 and pulleyed for 28 psi and still have about 150rwhp to spare. I had IDs and was talked into selling them by some big name tuners so I did and went with the 80s and the car drives better than when it was stock. I used the extra money I saved on a better exhaust setup.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
If I were looking for something along the lines of the ID1000's, I'd get the FIC version which is just the base injector for the ID's. Do a search on the Evo and Supra forums and you'll see that these Bosch injectors behave very well. Heck, even the FIC2150's I have in my car now idle good. The FIC's are a lot less than the ID variety and they are the same injector.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
As said many times it is the tune. Having visited many many tuners in a quest for a car that would run I know the the issue when I see them. FRPP 80s on E85 and pulleyed for 28 psi and still have about 150rwhp to spare. I had IDs and was talked into selling them by some big name tuners so I did and went with the 80s and the car drives better than when it was stock. I used the extra money I saved on a better exhaust setup.

thanks for the compliments

Users who are viewing this thread