ID injector values

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm doing some last minute stuff to a base tune for my new set up and I've noticed something. I'm using Pro Racer Package and I've noticed the value files for the ID1000's aren't the same as what you get if you use ID's calculator. For those that have run the ID's did you use the SCT values or did you manually enter what is on the calculator?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That brings up another question. Are the measurements the same? As in the SCT stuff is done in seconds, but it looks like ID does it in cycles.

cj428mach

Established Member
Don't forget when scaling you need to keep injector values at a max of 60lbs.

cj428mach

Established Member
Yeah. I've been watching that too. Gotta love hard limits. The Megasquirt set up looks better and better every day.

The part that sucks about the injectors values is SCT will allow you to put 100LB into their software, its just the computer treats them as 60lb. At least on the MAF it won't allow you to put larger values in than what the computer can handle.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The part that sucks about the injectors values is SCT will allow you to put 100LB into their software, its just the computer treats them as 60lb. At least on the MAF it won't allow you to put larger values in than what the computer can handle.

I really don't understand why Ford did it. Was it a processor speed thing? When I tuned my 01 it didn't have any of those hard limits. I didn't have to scale anything to keep the load in check. I could adjust the spark tables to match what I saw for load.

cj428mach

Established Member
From what I understand it's a processor speed thing. Decipha can probably explain.

decipha

Established Member
yea its due to the injector pulse time being calculated in to clock ticks. ALL eec-v's have the limit on the 01 with a 3.0 clock that limit is even lower at 53.6 lbs

The limit was there you just didnt know about it. Most even pro tuners dont know about it either until they have to scale their maf and injectors later then wonder why their fuel is off.

Limits are listed in my fuel write up

EEC Mass Air Fuel Control / EFIDynoTuning

also keep in mind on returnless fuel the deltap multiplier gets factored in so be sure you keep it below the limit.

I tried posting this yesterday but this thread wouldnt load gave me a server error. Odd since it was only this thread I couldnt view the rest of the forum worked fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-16-20-26-44.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-16-20-26-44.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 92

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
FWIW I'm going return style. I set it up using the FPDM to drive the relays. I didn't want to deal with a returnless at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread