ID injector hp numbers

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Oddly enough a local tuner suggested the bosch 210s to me. They just sounded like way too much fuel and I wasn't sure who else would tune them should I decide to change tuners.
I have never considered a new computer system. May look into it and see what it can do.
I know your car hauls the mail, what injectors do you run?
With a standalone computer, any tuner can tune Bosch 210's. All the injector limitations you have go away when you switch.

I used to run Bosch 210's, they really are a great injector for the money. I ended up selling them to Allen Garrett and switched to Deka 220's. He is still using them to this day.

If you are interested in Holley, join the group and make sure you read the pinned posts at the top as it will answer about 75% of the questions you would have.

94slowbra1

Established Member
That's good to hear.
I'll definitely look into the holley.
And I completely agree with you, $2500 for injectors is just silly.

01yellercobra

Established Member
FWIW, @GodStang is running Bosch 220's with the MS3 PNP and his car is running pretty good. If I ever need more injector I'll probably jump to the 220's.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
on most stand alones, you can manipulate individual cylinders more. so unmatched injectors aren't as big of a deal.

the difference with an id, or fic, is they go further with flow matching and data

Id for example "breaks in" every injector. characteristcs can change after running a little bit, so the match all the injectors up, after breaking in,

stuff like that to give you a better product, they also add stainless bodies to the internals, less chance to rust

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
This is a good point and something I have brought up often over the years. The price of a set of ID1700's is nearly $2500 which is absolutely outrageous. You can get a set of Bosch 210's for about $600-700 which are what nearly all the 2000cc injectors are built around with fancy cases, laser etching, spacers, and huge price markups. FID2000, FIC 2150, ID2000's etc are all Bosch 210's.

Instead of spending that crazy amount of cash on injectors, roll that money is a standalone computer system. You are so limited with the stock PCM and you cannot build any safeties in that can save you countless thousands of dollars and time if something happens. I prefer Holley because that is what I run, but literally any aftermarket option is better than the stock computer.
I prefer the Bosch myself. Guys go 7's with stock computers in newer cars. No NEED for a Holly but the rolling anti-lag and traction control is kool. I guess on the terminator its a different ball game tho but again a stand alone is nice no doubt.

U can still melt shit with a Holly lol it still comes down to who is tuning it. Its not the price of the Holly thats expensive its the labor installing it and getting it tuned and wired properly thats costly!

Its a shit ton of work so no I completely disagree with a stand alone unless ur planning on racing it and need every little bit of power. Plus u STILL need the injectors so a stand alone doesnt solve anything imo.

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I prefer the Bosch myself. Guys go 7's easily with stock computers bro. No NEED for a Holly but the rolling anti-lag and traction control is kool.

U can still melt shit with a Holly lol it still comes down to who is tuning it. Its not the price of the Holly thats expensive its the labor installing it and getting it tuned and wired properly thats costly!

Its a shit ton of work so no I completely disagree with a stand alone unless ur planning on racing it and need every little bit of power. Plus u STILL need the injectors so a stand alone doesnt solve anything imo.
Yo bro, please point out to me anyone going 7's on a stock 03-04 Cobra PCM. You also missed the entire point of my post. Yes you still need injectors, but no you don't need $2500 injectors. That is money that could be spent on a real computer system that opens all your options for growth and potential. The first stab we did on the Holley in my car, it was installed and running in one weekend.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Or you can go the lazy route like I did and go with a plug and play system. The only reason it took me a couple days was because I had to run the new widebands and change some wiring around.

hatchke

Established Member
Extra data point on 80lbs at 50psi base pressure. My duty cycle was about maxed out at 700whp-ish on E85. I wish I had done larger injectors tbh.

We could have cranked the base pressure up and squeezed it some more, but didn't want to redo the finished 93 tune.

Soap

Established Member
First off, the rule of 'buy once, cry once' definitely applies here. Why upgrade to 1300's when you know you will be over 90% duty cycle right off the bat.....leave yourself headroom. Secondly, the prices listed are insane, 1700's can be bought for way cheaper. Lastly, when you are using good ethanol (85%+) people often shortchange their fuel system, you need more pump and injector than you think once you up the boost.

I've been running 1700's on the stock ECU for years and will continue to use them once I switch to a standalone.

Ballpark with 40psi base pressure.....1000's are good to 700+/- and 1300's are good to 900+/-. People that crank up the base pressure do so because they cheaped out on injectors. Doing that also short changes your pumps as they now can not flow to their maximum rated values.

--Joe

Last edited:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
First off, the rule of 'buy once, cry once' definitely applies here. Why upgrade to 1300's when you know you will be over 90% duty cycle right off the bat.....leave yourself headroom. Secondly, the prices listed are insane, 1700's can be bought for way cheaper. Lastly, when you are using good ethanol (85%+) people often shortchange their fuel system, you need more pump and injector than you think once you up the boost.

I've been running 1700's on the stock ECU for years and will continue to use them once I switch to a standalone.

Ballpark with 40psi base pressure.....1000's are good to 700+/- and 1300's are good to 900+/-. People that crank up the base pressure do so because they cheaped out on injectors. Doing that also short changes your pumps as they now can not flow to their maximum rated values.

--Joe
I think what Joe is really saying is he'd love to have a Holley instead of $1900 injectors :p

Soap

Established Member
I think what Joe is really saying is he'd love to have a Holley instead of $1900 injectors :p

I mean, you're not wrong :)

I appreciate your point, but there is a market for the larger injectors on the stock ECU. Even though the injectors are more expensive, they are a direct swap that can be done in a half hour and you are back up and running, versus a swap that not too many people want to attempt or mess with the tuning side. In the end the Holley swap is significantly more expensive, albeit a much more powerful tool for a racer.

--Joe

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Injectors and ecu is on my to do list this winter. Local shop to me is putting the finishing touches on a pnp adapter harness that will make a Holley system install like a MS3 pnp system in 45 min so I'll probably go that rout. Whipple gen 5 shootikg for 25 lbs with cams so I'm thinking 1300's, 1700's, or 210's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03 Cobra DSG

Established Member
Plug n play systems are the easier route, but for me I didn’t want to worry about 20+ year old wiring. At least with the Holley I know all of my wiring and sensors are new. However now all of my wiring and sensors are made in china lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread