IAT2 volts vs. Aero Force Air Charge Temp

Slippery Nut

Established Member
I've been trying to datalog the air charge temps with the SCT X4 and it supplies voltage reading and not actual temp like the IAT1 on the SCT X4. The Aeroforce gauge provides an aircharge temp, but the formula [ T=(V/0.1) converted from C to F ] I'm using in Live Link to convert X4 volts to temp provides a ridiculously low number, usually 10 to 15 degrees lower than what the Aeoroforce reads. Are there two different sensors providing data or is my formula just wrong? I've searched the net and the formula above is the only one I've found that works. It is my assumption that the MAP sensor at the back of the S/C on the drivers side is where this is measured.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've used an Xcal2 and X3 as pass throughs for Live Link and have never needed a formula for IAT2. Are you sure you picked the correct PID? Which Live Link are you using?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm confused. So are you data logging using live link? It's by far the easiest way I've done it. I don't use any formula to look at charge temps. Are you looking at the correct parameter?

Slippery Nut

Established Member
I'm confused. So are you data logging using live link? It's by far the easiest way I've done it. I don't use any formula to look at charge temps. Are you looking at the correct parameter?
I'm datalogging using my X4, but it gives volts not temp. The IAT1 gives temp F. Seems pointless to give voltage not temp.

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you have a laptop use that to datalog. Makes life a ton easier.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

speedoflife

Established Member
I've been trying to datalog the air charge temps with the SCT X4 and it supplies voltage reading and not actual temp like the IAT1 on the SCT X4. The Aeroforce gauge provides an aircharge temp, but the formula [ T=(V/0.1) converted from C to F ] I'm using in Live Link to convert X4 volts to temp provides a ridiculously low number, usually 10 to 15 degrees lower than what the Aeoroforce reads. Are there two different sensors providing data or is my formula just wrong? I've searched the net and the formula above is the only one I've found that works. It is my assumption that the MAP sensor at the back of the S/C on the drivers side is where this is measured.
I hope that someone here has an answer, as I have an X4 as well and would love to find the formula to convert voltage to degrees Fahrenheit.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
When i loaded the IAT2 - downstream temp PID into my X4 i get a reading of like 55,000. So I'm having trouble as well

Soap

Established Member
Why not just datalog with LiveLink? That shows temp, not voltage.

As for what you are seeing, you are right, the display on the X4 itself shows the reading in volts, which is useless.

And yes the MAP sensor is also the IAT2 sensor.

--Joe

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Why not just datalog with LiveLink? That shows temp, not voltage.

As for what you are seeing, you are right, the display on the X4 itself shows the reading in volts, which is useless.

And yes the MAP sensor is also the IAT2 sensor.

--Joe
OK well looks like i better get a cheap laptop. My Mac isn't supported with SCT. Cuz all it showed was volts like you said.

Users who are viewing this thread