IAT2/boost sensor specifications?

FinnCobra

Established Member
I have swapped Terminator engine in my 1994 Cobra, project is nearly finished. I have 2003 original repair manual and Alldata access but I can't find where Boost sensor wires are connected, or what kind of signal they are giving. I have Mach1 ecm, and I'm using IAT2 instead of IAT in maf sensor, so I can adjust spark according to that. I can connect boost signal to dpfe signal for logging, if it has analog curve. Apparently ECM won't even use boost signal, I searched Terminator calibration in Binary Editor and there is no transfer curve, is it only used foor boost gauge in cluster?
Does anyone have more information?
I found connector picture and iat swap help, but not boost signal specs
Mustang Matt's guide to the 03/04 Terminator swap

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The MAP sensor is part of the IAT2 sensor in the 03/04 Cobras. As the Mach doesn't have a MAP sensor there won't be a direct connection. And if you're making more than 14psi it's not useful anyway. At least I think it's 14psi.

The boost gauge in the dash is analog. There's a hose that runs from the a connection behind the blower through the firewall to the gauge.

FinnCobra

Established Member
Does Terminator ECM use boost signal for something, because there are no hints in software? Mach ecm has inputs I can use for logging. Ecm can't do anything with that data, but it makes analyzing easier.
I think I have to check values by handpump to calculate voltage/boost ratio because there is no information.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It might have something to do with figuring out load and spark. But I never actually logged boost to see how/if it affected anything. I set up my spark table the same way I did on my 01 cobra. I never tried to set up any kind of MAP sensor for my 01. I ran it up to 19psi with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread