I was just re-directed from SVTP!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So, I was browsing a thread in Smack Down on my PC (Chrome, latest version) when I suddenly was re-directed to a "McAffee"

Here's the URL after the re-direct if it helps.

And here's a pic of the screen.
1672949468792.jpeg

Bob Arthur @CobraBob

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First time this specific re-direct has ever happened to me, and I've been using Chrome for years. Only browser I use. I haven't had any others since, which is good.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry Bob, this means you’re Ghey….

Man, I’m sorry. I was just clowning around.

Last edited:

VegasMichael

Established Member
Me too, Bob. Started the other day as well. Been doing today too. Twice in 20 minutes. Annoying af. And I use Firefox.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Try clearing your cache & history in your browser. I did that around the time after I had gotten my re-direct, and haven't seen any more. I'm not say me clearing my cache solved the problem, as it could just be coincidental. But worth a shot.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Problem is still occurring. Just happened seconds before I wrote this.

I got it this morning too. Reported it again.

Essentially what happens is an advertiser sneaks in a bad ad to the adverting company. The company has to find the offending add an kill it. It's not a quick process.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That sounds counter-productive for the advertiser, unless it's a bogus advertiser to begin with.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
SOAB!!!! Just happened again!! Don't know what I did, but this time the re-direct started to download multiple viruses; at least 5. Fortunately, my system seemed to block them all. Everything happened so fast. Once I forced Chrome to chose, I ran a system scan with Malwarebytes and Windows Security but nothing was found. This is crazy!!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm now limiting my time on SVTP. Trying to limit the odds. After the last one that downloaded some type of viruses, I'm a bit paranoid.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That sounds counter-productive for the advertiser, unless it's a bogus advertiser to begin with.

So the network that runs the ad is legit, it's the company that submits the ad to the network is the problem. They get banned once caught.

I'm now limiting my time on SVTP. Trying to limit the odds. After the last one that downloaded some type of viruses, I'm a bit paranoid.

I haven't had an issue in a few days, and when I do it always works to just click back a page. I suggest running Avast antivirus if you have any virus issues. It blocks most things before it can make it to your computer.

Users who are viewing this thread