i want another COBRA

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
i sold my 97 COBRA in may....bought a 06 GT... its nice but i really miss my cobra...the shifter in this thing feels like shit..my tri-x was amazing ! and i miss my COBRA growl... i want to get another one.

in like 6-7 months i wanna get a white 97 .. my other one was a pacific green ...although rare or whatever, i really love the way the white looks :rockon:

i think the 97 is the best all around year for the COBRA... what you guys think.. no heating problems (96) no tick (03-04) no power shortage (99/01)
didnt the 98 have a fuel system problem ?? and no clock ! wtf ? and the 98's had cup holders! im sorry but a COBRA is a race car.... you cant drink while y our racing =) leave the cupholders in the GT :rockon:

jzepp

Established Member
Well i got a 98 and i love it..........i dont like the clock on the center console like the previous ones........but thats just my opinion

amorrow

Established Member
I don't think it really matters whether you go '96, '97, or '98. Personally, I like the '98s the best; that clock is pointless if you have a CD player and the digital font looks really outdated. I never liked the flap over the ash tray, in place of the '98 cupholders, either. And '98 has two of the best colors imo, Bright Atlantic Blue and Chrome Yellow.

amorrow

Established Member
Oh, and I think I'm going to order a Hurst shifter for my GT (I also dislike mine)...stock shifters are terrible in almost all late-model Mustangs.

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
97greensnake said:
98's had cup holders! im sorry but a COBRA is a race car.... you cant drink while y our racing =) leave the cupholders in the GT :rockon:
The ash tray is a better idea in a "race car"? I can see the guys the Rolex 24 hour smoking and driving. On the other hand most real race cars have cup holders and many racers take in Gatoraid and the like under cautions. I know that doesn't really help you decide but I thought I would point it out.

Brent

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
Are you keeping your GT? I'm planning on keeping my Cobra and getting an off lease 05 GT to daily drive in a year or so. My uncle bought an 07 CS GT manual yesterday. It's pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread