I want 500 HP but need help

PxTx

I like cars and bikes
Established Member
This may not be able to be done, but try and get a ride in a car similar to what you want. You should not need 500whp to run 11's.

I was jut out in a friends Mustang running 8 psi on a Vortech cranking 400rwhp/400lbs. It is a SAAC car with all of the "old school" GT40 parts but was custom built by Steve Grebeck. So some are saying that stuff isn't so good, but if it can make that kind of power0 then with the modern stuff it should be a cake walk.

The car originally had 3.55 and then was stepped it down to 3.08! This car runs 11's and is wicked on the road course too. It probably would make more hp with more boost and a cooler, but it doesn't need it. Car is well balanced and does not disappoint.

After driving the car a bit, I would say you could easily lower your HP goals and still reach your speed goals. Heck, on the street this is boarderline excessive. You could actually loose a race due to lack of traction. If you can drive it well, there is not much out there to worry about.

Granted, it probably is on the hairy edge of cracking the block. So that is probably the only thing I might advise on a build. Start with an aftermarket block.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
This may not be able to be done, but try and get a ride in a car similar to what you want. You should not need 500whp to run 11's.

I was jut out in a friends Mustang running 8 psi on a Vortech cranking 400rwhp/400lbs. It is a SAAC car with all of the "old school" GT40 parts but was custom built by Steve Grebeck. So some are saying that stuff isn't so good, but if it can make that kind of power0 then with the modern stuff it should be a cake walk.

The car originally had 3.55 and then was stepped it down to 3.08! This car runs 11's and is wicked on the road course too. It probably would make more hp with more boost and a cooler, but it doesn't need it. Car is well balanced and does not disappoint.

After driving the car a bit, I would say you could easily lower your HP goals and still reach your speed goals. Heck, on the street this is boarderline excessive. You could actually loose a race due to lack of traction. If you can drive it well, there is not much out there to worry about.

Granted, it probably is on the hairy edge of cracking the block. So that is probably the only thing I might advise on a build. Start with an aftermarket block.

your right, 400whp is a lot of power for the street. In a light little fox thats c6 Z06 speed. As for splitting the block, as long as the tune is decent the block will hold 400whp, but a good set of pistons and rods would not be a bad idea.

itSSlow98

Established Member
The right motor for the right car

LOL just saying, he said he wants it to handle as well, that would also help drop 80lbs off the front end over a 302.

OP I think what everyone has said is great advice. Just be patient and make sure you put together a well thought out combo.

Users who are viewing this thread