I tried to quit the Army for Youtube and they Stop Lossed me! What car should I buy?

GT350 or ZL1

• GT350

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • ZL1

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Keep the GT on blizzarks, and the Z06 for track days.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Burn this mother down and piss on the ashes!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

phoenix64

Established Member
Super frustrated by the army at the moment, and I need to simplify my life and get a good winter daily driver and track toy...
GT350 or ZL1?

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
sorry man. i got stop lossed during OIF. not that it matters, but they had a program where you got paid an extra $1,000 a month for every month kept in. may want to check into it

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I tried to quit the Army for Youtube

not-sure-if-serious-meme-59d71a3203f11.jpg

phoenix64

Established Member
Under what grounds did they stop loss you? Is your MOS rare?
Like I said in the video when I raised hell the guy at branch said "This is not Stop Loss, but we are taking advantage of the system as a form of back door stop loss"

Last edited:

phoenix64

Established Member
There is no stop loss. OP is a whine ass, nothing more.
Yeah I am.
I know guys who've gotten it way worse, and instead of a 1 year ADSO for PCSing to Drum they got 3 year ADSO's for PCSing to Germany or Hawaii. Same situation, 1 month or less of ADSO, and the army back door stop lossed them for 3 years.

apache driver

Established Member
There is no stop loss. OP is a whine ass, nothing more.

Yeah I am.
I know guys who've gotten it way worse, and instead of a 1 year ADSO for PCSing to Drum they got 3 year ADSO's for PCSing to Germany or Hawaii. Same situation, 1 month or less of ADSO, and the army back door stop lossed them for 3 years.

"My first resignation they pushed my orders left so that My report date was 38 days before my ADSO ran out for a school I went to".

I guess you shouldn't have went to a school with an ADSO if you wanted to get out of the Army and go fly for the airlines.

phoenix64

Established Member
"
I guess you shouldn't have went to a school with an ADSO if you wanted to get out of the Army and go fly for the airlines.

I never thought twice about the ADSO because it ran out 4 months before I was scheduled to PCS.

It's happening all over the uh60 community, including guys with over 20 who just want to retire.

Last edited:

apache driver

Established Member
No intention of going to the airlines, just wanted to be closer to my family and daughter.

I never thought twice about the ADSO because it ran out 4 months before I was scheduled to PCS.

It's happening all over the uh60 community, including guys with over 20 who just want to retire. Have they earned it? or are they whiners too?

If they bitch about it on a car forum, they are whiners just like you.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Of course if Ft. Drum deploys within 15 months of me getting there I get stop lossed again. So I'll be at 16 years of service before I can for sure get out.

Like I said in the video when I raised hell the guy at branch said "This is not Stop Loss, but we are taking advantage of the system as a form of back door stop loss"
you just as well stay the 20 at this point

phoenix64

Established Member
I'm just giving the OP shit because what car he should buy has nothing to do with a "back door" stop loss.
I expect nothing less from a 64 driver.

OP...try and stay for the full 20. Get the retirement benefits you have earned. When we think we have it all worked out with the best plan...God takes over and humbles ya.

you just as well stay the 20 at this point
I may at this rate.

Even if they let me out from Drum, I'm going National Guard, so I would still get a lot of the benefits, and the retirement at 59 instead of 41.

But back on topic, GT350 or ZL1?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm disappointed that you come here and posted videos online about you getting "stop lossed". You enlisted voluntary just like many before and after you. Deal with it until your time is officially up and you have your DD214 in hand. The military has put a lot of time and money in you....pay your dues. This is a junior enlisted/commissioned "private/Lieutenant" thing to do. Having a little fun/venting or not, this isn't the place.

On topic to what should be discussed here...... Ft. Drum has been snowing all week. Any car would be a poor choice in my eyes. Id say sell one toy (You have an awesome collection by the way) and buy a beater AWD SUV or a pickup. Something that allows you to tow a toy to the track if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread