I think it's time....

thatdude305

Established Member
I think it's time for me to bite the bullet and spend the $5k to get a 2.3 Whipple installed....

Let's get it!!!
20200503_102318.jpg

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I wanted a whipple for the longest time. After doing spark plugs last week I see the value in a removable elbow. Don’t get me wrong if I had the dough I’d love a whipple but I’d seriously look at a TVS too

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I have Whipple STD inlet with acucfab TB. I can change the pluges without issues. I have a spark plugs socket with extension to help
I wanted a whipple for the longest time. After doing spark plugs last week I see the value in a removable elbow. Don’t get me wrong if I had the dough I’d love a whipple but I’d seriously look at a TVS too

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Unless you are on the used market there are no 2.3 or 2.65 VMP blowers at the moment. The 2.65 Gen 3R is coming out soon. I've been going back and forth for the last few months with this. Can't go wrong with a Whipple... that's where I'm at right now. About to pull the trigger on one. The 3.0 looks like a hell of a deal but a bit more $. Great deal on all of the Whipples this weekend.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I never pulled the plenum with the eaton to change plugs. I don't have any issues with the Whipple. Although if you're running a high boost intake it can be a pain. Went through that with a buddies car recently.

Last edited:

94slowbra1

Established Member
I change my plugs with the 2.9 crusher inlet no problem
Back to OPs topic, good for you bro. Get at it and don't look back

thatdude305

Established Member
Unless you are on the used market there are no 2.3 or 2.65 VMP blowers at the moment. The 2.65 Gen 3R is coming out soon. I've been going back and forth for the last few months with this. Can't go wrong with a Whipple... that's where I'm at right now. About to pull the trigger on one. The 3.0 looks like a hell of a deal but a bit more $. Great deal on all of the Whipples this weekend.
There aren't any 2.3 Whipples? yes there is. Ive got like 4 people that hit me up $3,060 for one right now

shznit

shznit
Established Member
There aren’t any 2.3 or 2.65 VMP blowers available brand new. Whipple still has the 2.3 and 2.9 and 3.0 out on special this weekend. Not much info out there on the latest 2.3 (Gen 3 or Gen 4?)

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

I think you are confusing plugs and injectors.....2.3 whipple no problem changing plugs easy job.....injector swap more difficult

shznit

shznit
Established Member
I can vouch for it being a pain in the a$$ to change plugs on the passenger side.. but nothing to do with the blower. It’s with the JLT high boost that you have to get it out of the way to access the plugs. In reality it only takes a few more minutes to disconnect the stuff in the fender and be able to move the tube out of the way.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I can vouch for it being a pain in the a$$ to change plugs on the passenger side.. but nothing to do with the blower. It’s with the JLT high boost that you have to get it out of the way to access the plugs. In reality it only takes a few more minutes to disconnect the stuff in the fender and be able to move the tube out of the way.

I can see that high boost being an issue....but I think it's a hassle regardless of blower.

I'm running the oem factory inlet with a gen2 2.3 whipple so no additional complications. Supports plenty of hp/tq

Users who are viewing this thread