i think i might want roots.

fmhscopeland1

Established Member
i think that i want a roots blower because i think that i am going to do alot of roll races and alot of stoplight to stoplight kinda things. so i think that a roots would be more what i am looking for right. b/c i hear of all you 03 guys doing a roll race and you just rape them because of the instant torque boost that the roots give you. plus the sound is awsome. and well if i get lets say 10 psi on a D-1sc will i get the same effect or greater that you 03 guys have from a roll? cause i like the get up and go the fastest like the roots then have the top speed that the procharger will most likely give me. well thanks

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by fmhscopeland1
and well if i get lets say 10 psi on a D-1sc will i get the same effect or greater that you 03 guys have from a roll? cause i like the get up and go the fastest like the roots then have the top speed that the procharger will most likely give me. well thanks
10 psi from a D1 will get you some big power but in a different way. The 03 cobras are strong from bottom to top because they're so efficient. They're animals. They have a fairly strong top end but not what a centrifugal would have. If you plan on driving the car hard in the lower rpms then, sure, get the twin screw. It's not gonna' fall on its face at higher rpms like some people think it will. The cobra guys will be along to give you a better discription of what a twin screw will do for you soon. Good luck.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
the reason that the 03's are beast in the low and top end is because their 4v. mine is shit in the low rpm's because of the 4 valves but when i get past 3500 i fly, 03's have boost all through out so the low is great and the top is even better.

Users who are viewing this thread