I think I got a lemon

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
SO, hey, first the leaking tail lights, and then the leather on the passenger side seats coming off (just the bottom), and now, guess what? I hear this clacking sound from the head/valve (rockers maybe) area after driving about 40 miles, and I find out there is NO OIL in the car! Its only 2 weeks old! WTF? Anyway, I got some 5W20 put in it, and the clacking noise didn't go away. So, Its at the dealer now. And no, I haven't seen any pools of oil anywhere either, but I do know it was BONE DRY, which depresses me.

kwiksnake

Established Member
Yikes maybe that will be a recall on the 01's.
"RECALL 2001 SVT COBRAS: Vehicles were shipped with no oil. Give customers rental vehicle and refill engine with 6 quarts of 5W-30 motor oil"
Total labor 6 hours
Total parts $12.50

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
News

Welp, they finally looked at it today and Ford said to ship the engine back to them, they are going to put a new engine in it later this week :D . So, no one knows how I lost 7 quarts of oil in around 1000 miles. No smoke, no overheating, no low oil idiot light, no marks what-so-ever on the oil drain plug (just in case I have enemies), and I've checked it about 250 miles before it "ran dry"--it was full of oil. Anyways, just wanted to post that if you bought a 2001 Cobra, you get an automatic 5 day rental car as part of your standard 3 year warranty. I was going to get the extended warranty later on this year (before 12k miles and or 12 months) so I didn't have that, but the service guy told me this (the sales guy didn't I guess he wanted me to purchase the warranty at the time of sale--why bother? lol)

If anyone else has this prob, please post... I'm curious if I had the only lemon so far :D

kwiksnake

Established Member
Yeah I'm a little pissed about the rental car thing. Our cars had the problems and we don't get a rental agreement. Even when I bought the extended warranty, I only got an extra 12k miles and an extra 3 years. ANyone else get screwed like that?

REDLYNE

Established Member
Chill out....

Oil burning and wheel slip are the two biggest complaints I have heard about the 01 cobra.

This excludes paint defects on delivery (which is a close 3rd). Every year has its problems....no big deal.

I do agree that we deserve the free rentals, car washes, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread