I should have just bought a Whipple ...

Mystic1199

Established Member
This whole porting my blower has been a nightmare since day1 ...I should have just left my car alone but no i had to port the blower and do other Mods lol..

So heres my story

Pulled blower off my car to send out to get ported by a vendor on here ...Before i sent it out i called them for prices and was told 3-5 day turn around ...They got the blower on 6/3 i got a call next day asking me what i needed done ...Then on 6-6 i got a call about broken bolts on the lower intake (2 of them cost 20 to drill them out ) So i was told before it gets sent out ill get a call

So 6-11 i call to get a status and was told the guy who assembles the blowers is out with a death in the family and will be in wenesday 6-12 and will be put together and shipped out wenesday ...well after no call i call back on friday 6-14 being told the guy wont be until Monday 6-17 and it will be sent out then ...Well you guessed it no call ...So this morning i call and talk to a gentleman and ask about my blower status and i get an attidude that the blower is sent out but he doesnt know and the girl in the office isnt around ...he takes my number says someone will call me later ...well no call all day so i call at 6 and i finally get an answer that its going out today

So after dropping 795 on porting my blower the only thing they will do for me is wave the 20 dollar fee for drilling out 2 broken bolts .

/end rant

Cliff notes : 3-5 day turnaround for blower porting turned into 15 day turn around

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Sorry to hear about that man. Not the best experience. I got my blower ported this winter/spring. However i was not going to have Steig or someone else do it. Granted in the long run i only gained about 35-40 hp but i didn't spend $800 on a port either. I took everything apart myself and made sure that nothing could be broken. Hope it works out

matt87

Established Member
ya sorry to hear that. my blower port went very smoothly, but i sent out another eaton not my original so my car was never down.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Let me guess.....steggy right?
Only way I'd ever go down hat road is if I bought an already ported eaton.

Whipple is 4x the money though....at least with a port you only have to do injectors and a BAP. Whipple's usually require complete fuel system + the driveline mods from all the additional power

sucks man, sorry to hear....but at least it's still only June

I am honestly surprised you still have that car, you usually don't hang on to anything for very long

03' White Snake

Established Member
Just an fyi, don't re-use the intercooler bolts. I did not know this until i broke one off in my brand new KB during the install. Good luck.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Hopefully you don't get stroked by someone when it's reassembled too. Bad enough what you've gone through up to this point then to add more on top of it. But then at least he actually answered you and didn't give you a bunch of BS like he did to me and then not answer the phone anymore.

Careful what you say on here about vendors. You can get banned for that type of thing.

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
Hopefully you don't get stroked by someone when it's reassembled too. Bad enough what you've gone through up to this point then to add more on top of it. But then at least he actually answered you and didn't give you a bunch of BS like he did to me and then not answer the phone anymore.

Careful what you say on here about vendors. You can get banned for that type of thing.

Which is ridiculous, we should all be warned of bad business by anyone in our hobby, vendor or not.

Users who are viewing this thread