I put some wheels on the Mystic.

bam

Established Member
I've never been a fan of the 17x9 Cobra R look, although it did grow on me over the couple of weeks they were on the car. I found some unconventional wheels I liked a lot... problem being that available front offsets aren't right for Mustangs. Working out the best way to get the front fitment right. Regardless...

clVSqzt.jpg

RQSKly8.jpg

zHP86QB.jpg

sVtsGUf.jpg

B3E0PMw.jpg

Appendix:
-Drone footage to come?
-Scat Pack and video courtesy of member and long-time buddy VenomousSVT.
-I'd like to get the front down another 1/4-1/2 inch.
-The hood has been resprayed.
--I don't know the reason it's slightly mismatched.
---I can't unsee it.
----I'm not going to let it drive me nuts.
-----It'll probably drive me nuts.
-Wheel model is Aodhan DS-06.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a fine looking Mystic Cobra. I do like those wheels. Nice choice, and I hope they work out well for you.

bam

Established Member
Glad y'all appreciate the look!

That works, and love that drone video.
The videos came out pretty well, although the included clip was taken by hand with the help of a stabilizer doohickey. Drone video was also taken, but I haven't gotten ahold of it yet.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Holy crap that looks amazing! Nice gold wheels are underused(bonus!) and they look great with all the shades the paint turns

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
If im honest, im not exactly a fan of the wheels... BUT

Mystic > Mystichrome all day and 2x on Sunday--And further....yours looks AMAZING!!

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Great choice, looks awesome. Very, very unique.

The drone footage is pretty cool, great way to showcase your car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@bam, are you talking about the passenger side of the hood? If so, is it really that noticeable? Maybe more noticeable from above? I wouldn't sweat it personally. I know it hard to match body sections when repainting with Mystic. I'm not a painter, but maybe the only way to get it perfect is to re-spray the entire car, which would be very expensive.

bam

Established Member
Looks good! You going to try and take off the front plate holder?
Thanks!
I planned on it but, for better or worse, I've developed a blind spot for it. I'm sure at some point, I'll deal with it.
@bam, are you talking about the passenger side of the hood? If so, is it really that noticeable? Maybe more noticeable from above? I wouldn't sweat it personally. I know it hard to match body sections when repainting with Mystic. I'm not a painter, but maybe the only way to get it perfect is to re-spray the entire car, which would be very expensive.
Correct, and that's actually the only panel transition that's off... hood matches driver's fender, matches bumper, matches passenger fender, which doesn't match hood. Knowing what I do about the 'Mystic' coat itself, it seems to me like mismatching/blending wouldn't enter the picture. But obviously, there's the evidence.

In any case, I don't have the cash to let it bother me enough to entertain any repainting. Problem solved!

Users who are viewing this thread