I present you the coffee maker you need to own...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wonder how many here have more than two cups of coffee a day. I'm a morning coffee person, EVERY day. 75% of the time I'll brew two cups and that's it for the day. On occasion, I'll brew another two cups and have one more cup on average.

I also love to experiment with different types of coffee beans (including blends). The taste can vary widely depending on the source/farm. Every so often I'll find that ONE that is about as perfect for me as it can be. And then before you know it, it's no longer available. :(

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I wonder how many here have more than two cups of coffee a day. I'm a morning coffee person, EVERY day. 75% of the time I'll brew two cups and that's it for the day. On occasion, I'll brew another two cups and have one more cup on average.

I also love to experiment with different types of coffee beans (including blends). The taste can vary widely depending on the source/farm. Every so often I'll find that ONE that is about as perfect for me as it can be. And then before you know it, it's no longer available. :(

I drink one on the way to work. Make another at work around 8. Then maybe one more before lunch.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Wife and I usually go through a 10 cup pot per day.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I was a press pot kind of guy, and still kinda am. Best investment i made was a Kitchenaid coffee grinder.

Lately ive been in the Keurig rut. It's too easy to just load up a Kcup and go at 5:30am

hotcobra03

Established Member
I've cut back to 3 pots a day

there was a survey done

said males who have drank massive amounts of coffee over decades

have a better chance of not getting canser

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
You guys are just chugging the caffeine.

I’ve never done coffee. First time I tried it, I thought it was nasty. Never touched it since.

Should consider it, I’m constantly battling the groggy/sleepy driving just after the sun comes up.

ajaf1656

Established Member
I didn't drink coffee until I stayed in a hotel that had a Nespresso machine. I tried it, liked it and bought one that day. It's nice that I'm starting to find more pods for it around. I can get starbucks and Peet's pods from Costco and yesterday I got Lavazza pods from a fancy Albertsons.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

I’ve never done coffee. First time I tried it, I thought it was nasty. Never touched it since.

Should consider it, I’m constantly battling the groggy/sleepy driving just after the sun comes up.
Just dumb it down a bit with milk and sugar. You can't deny the positive effect of hot coffee.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Just dumb it down a bit with milk and sugar. You can't deny the positive effect of hot coffee.
I still could never get into it even loaded up with sugar and milk.

I drank coffee every morning for 6 months and I never acquired the taste, I sure do like the smell of it in whole bean form though.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Wife has the keurig but don't care for the flavors I've tried so far.

Gone away from the harder energy drinks too for the most part. Still drink caffeine from a can though.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I grew up with parents who would have a cup or two of black coffee before heading off to work. They would drink black coffee while at work too. Then they had black coffee with lunch and dinner. I have no idea how my parents could even get to sleep at night with all that caffeine coursing through their veins. I didn't start drinking coffee until I joined the Air Force and then I became addicted to it. Just like my parents I drink it black with no accoutrements, the way god intended. :D

U.M.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I grew up with parents who would have a cup or two of black coffee before heading off to work. They would drink black coffee while at work too. Then they had black coffee with lunch and dinner. I have no idea how my parents could even get to sleep at night with all that caffeine coursing through their veins. I didn't start drinking coffee until I joined the Air Force and then I became addicted to it. Just like my parents I drink it black with no accoutrements, the way god intended. :D

U.M.
Your coffee God never tried a Cappuccino, or else he’d be straight.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I drink one on the way to work. Make another at work around 8. Then maybe one more before lunch.
So you stretch it out. I have to have mine with minutes of coming downstairs on my way to my office. It jolts out any sleepiness remaining. LOL.

Wife and I usually go through a 10 cup pot per day.
Now that's a hefty amount of coffee. I can't do more than 3 cups or I'm strung out on caffeine making me feel like my brain is on fast forward. :eek:

Did you try it black? If so, you should try it with a bit of light cream and just a touch of sugar. That's my favorite. Literally just enough sugar to knock out the natural bitterness.

U.M.
Funny truth U.M. is that coffee (caffeinated) doesn't affect my sleep. It can make my brain so to fast-forward at times, but it has never affected my sleep. Even when I have it, say, at a restaurant a couple of hours before sleeping. Weird.

I absolutely cannot drink black coffee. Never could, never will. I have to have maybe 1/8 of a teaspoon (at most) with a small amount of light cream (HAS to be light cream). It always makes me laugh when I see a coffee description say things like "nice sweetness", "subtle sweetness", "blueberry sweetness", etc. ALL coffee has a bitterness. NO coffee has anything close to an actual sweetness. For that, you have to at least do at least a tiny touch of sugar. But just like I HAVE to have that minute touch of sugar and a small amount of light cream, there are lots of others who wouldn't have anything BUT black (no sugar and no milk/creamer).

Gotta go now and brew my 3rd cup. And then I'm done for the day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ahhhh! This new pot of Peet's 2020 Holiday Blend is perfect!

upload_2020-12-16_8-31-35.png

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I don't drink sweat tea either! Just straight up whether hot or cold. Not sure how these Southerner's can stomach their sweat tea. It's like syrup!

U.M.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
So you stretch it out. I have to have mine with minutes of coming downstairs on my way to my office. It jolts out any sleepiness remaining. LOL.

Now that's a hefty amount of coffee. I can't do more than 3 cups or I'm strung out on caffeine making me feel like my brain is on fast forward. :eek:

Did you try it black? If so, you should try it with a bit of light cream and just a touch of sugar. That's my favorite. Literally just enough sugar to knock out the natural bitterness.

Funny truth U.M. is that coffee (caffeinated) doesn't affect my sleep. It can make my brain so to fast-forward at times, but it has never affected my sleep. Even when I have it, say, at a restaurant a couple of hours before sleeping. Weird.

I absolutely cannot drink black coffee. Never could, never will. I have to have maybe 1/8 of a teaspoon (at most) with a small amount of light cream (HAS to be light cream). It always makes me laugh when I see a coffee description say things like "nice sweetness", "subtle sweetness", "blueberry sweetness", etc. ALL coffee has a bitterness. NO coffee has anything close to an actual sweetness. For that, you have to at least do at least a tiny touch of sugar. But just like I HAVE to have that minute touch of sugar and a small amount of light cream, there are lots of others who wouldn't have anything BUT black (no sugar and no milk/creamer).

Gotta go now and brew my 3rd cup. And then I'm done for the day.

What the manufacturer considers a 10 cup pot really pours out to about 6 standard mugs full.

ajaf1656

Established Member
I don't drink sweat tea either! Just straight up whether hot or cold. Not sure how these Southerner's can stomach their sweat tea. It's like syrup!

U.M.
"

Most places brew and sweeten a weak tea to start with then add ice which waters it down further ending up with pale sugar water. Proper sweet tea should be almost as black as coffee and not over sweetened.

Users who are viewing this thread