I picked up my GT350 today!

IM3CPO

Established Member
I ordered a 2016 Deep Impact Blue with white over the top stripes a couple months back. It showed up at the dealership this morning and I was able to make it down there before they closed to pick it up. Car had 5 miles on the odometer and while I had told them specifically *NOT* to prep the car in any way (I have a trusted detail shop do this type of thing for me) they of course didnt listen..... Nothing serious I suppose, but I did find light scratches (which is to be expected) along with another one thats a bit deeper on the spoiler, but I think they should all buff out.

I just got back from driving it around a little bit and WOW! This car drives PERFECT! I am absolutely amazed! I traded in a fully loaded 2014 Mercedes AMG C63 507 Edition for this and I dont have a *SINGLE* regret whatsoever. I have driven some serious cars, both on the street and at the track and the GT350 is seriously at the top of the heap. This includes R8 GT's, SLS Gullwing, AMG GT, and by far my 507 Edition....

I should also mention that I am by no way a fan boy either and I dont have blind brand loyalty; I like cars, and when I find something I like, I see if I can make it happen. Thats about all there is to it.. I have previously owned other Mustang models including a 2012 GT500, 2013 GT500, 2015 Saleen Yellow Badge, and currently still own a 2016 Mustang GT. Having said this, I still have the following three cars in addition to the GT350: 2014 SRT8 Jeep Cherokee, 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, 2016 Mustang GT (as previously stated).

If any of you are on the fence as to whether you should get this car or not, I am here to tell you not to hesitate in the least! This is a seriously fun car for this price range and its an unbelievable steal compared to the cars in its performance class. I seriously am blown away with this thing!!!

Here is a quick snap of me and the sales guy when I picked the car up today (I am on the right). You can also see the Mercedes I traded in back and to the left of the GT350:

IMG_17141.jpg

liter of cola

Established Member
beautiful car man, I love the DIB! I would have ordered my 17' in DIB if it was still available :(. sorry to here the dealership didn't listen and detailed your car, I seriously hate when they do that!! they did that to my last car (2014 5.0). it sucked cuz after the wax washed away I had swirl marks everywhere. hopefully they didn't drill your front bumper too, that shit peeves me. glad to hear your first impression of the car is a good one... im super excited about getting mine. do you have mods planned?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
congrats! I love that color

I hate dealers that dont ****ing listen, especially when you're asking them to do LESS

When I ordered my F150 I told em NOT to detail it, no license plate things, no sticker...they did all of the above, I was pissed and it wasnt even a Shelby. If its scratched, make em fix that shit

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats!!
DIB is one of the best looking colors on that car. Enjoy.

Zemedici

Established Member
congrats! I love that color

I hate dealers that dont ****ing listen, especially when you're asking them to do LESS

When I ordered my F150 I told em NOT to detail it, no license plate things, no sticker...they did all of the above, I was pissed and it wasnt even a Shelby. If its scratched, make em fix that shit

A dealerships 'detailing' department leaves a lot to be desired. I wouldn't want them 'fixing' shit, as they don't have the ability. I'd take it to my guy and have him fix it. The detailing guys are buffoons, to say the least.

Nice pickup OP.

cluscher

Established Member
Congrats OP, where in Washington are you? I couldn't find a dealer around here that was at all reasonable on price, so I caught an MSRP deal out of state. My DIB stripe delete track pack will be here next week, and I'll be The Ridge and Pacific Raceways very soon!

IM3CPO

Established Member
Congrats OP, where in Washington are you? I couldn't find a dealer around here that was at all reasonable on price, so I caught an MSRP deal out of state. My DIB stripe delete track pack will be here next week, and I'll be The Ridge and Pacific Raceways very soon!

I am just North of Seattle and I totally get what you mean regarding the virtual inability of finding reasonable dealerships of any kind around here. I caught a bit of a break getting this car. Long story short is I normally end up buying four new cars per year and traditionally start off with local dealers and try to see if I can get a reasonable price. If not, I go out of state but I make a point of letting the local dealerships know I actually followed through and bought a car somewhere else. I now have local Ford, Lexus, Mercedes, Porsche, and Audi dealers that understand they are losing long term sales figures by not being reasonable with me, so they have started coming around and working with me. I still have to go out of state for Dodge and Jeep though as all the dealerships here are owned by the same group and dont want to compete.

Specifically with the GT350, I initially bought a different car from the local dealer as they had no more GT350 allocations, but that car arrived messed up (not sure I should disclose what car this was, but it was a Mustang tuner car). They were less than honest about the issues it had and I was able to prove they had knowledge and didnt disclose anything to me before I bought the car. I basically forced them to buy that car back and they were worried I was going to never buy another car from them. I told them that would be the case unless they sold me a GT350 for under sticker. They contacted Ford, told them the situation, and Ford gave them an additional allocation which I could option out however I wanted. I let me wife decide what options she wanted and two months later, here we are! ;)

I went and looked at a DIB track pack out at Bickford Ford, but it has stripes. I would like to see what your car looks like when it shows up. Post a picture at the very least, or maybe we could meet up so I could check it out. Its a fantastic car! You are going to love it!

IM3CPO

Established Member
beautiful car man, I love the DIB! I would have ordered my 17' in DIB if it was still available :(. sorry to here the dealership didn't listen and detailed your car, I seriously hate when they do that!! they did that to my last car (2014 5.0). it sucked cuz after the wax washed away I had swirl marks everywhere. hopefully they didn't drill your front bumper too, that shit peeves me. glad to hear your first impression of the car is a good one... im super excited about getting mine. do you have mods planned?

I agree, the color is impressive! Definitely a good choice for this car. They didnt drill the front license plate, so I suppose I have the lesser of two evils as far as what they could have done to the car. As for mods, I installed Ford Racing catch cans (both drivers and passenger side) as soon as I took possession of the car. My initial thought was that I would only keep this car until the new GT500 came out, then trade up, but after driving this I am having a change of heart here. I still have not gone above 5K RPM yet, so I dont have any sense of true power yet but I vastly underestimated how balanced this car was going to be. If I keep this for more than a year or two, I will definitely do some mods, but will probably stick to Ford Racing performance adders so I may have to wait a bit for those to be released.

IM3CPO

Established Member
A dealerships 'detailing' department leaves a lot to be desired. I wouldn't want them 'fixing' shit, as they don't have the ability. I'd take it to my guy and have him fix it. The detailing guys are buffoons, to say the least.

Nice pickup OP.

I dont even know why the dealerships bother detailing anything at all. Granted, I know its a hard thing for them to justify doing right as its a pure cost on their side but it still rubs me the wrong way. This detailing shop is just up the street from me and I have them do all my cars: http://northwestautosalon.com/ They do some seriously high end work so while its not cheap, you definitely get what you pay for. They did a blog post on my Hellcat as I had them do a bunch of custom work on it: http://northwestautosalon.com/2015/...llcat-detail-custom-stripes-ceramic-pro-gold/

I havent decided if I will try and do something custom on this car or not. As I said in another post, I was going into this thinking I wasnt going to own this car very long, but after driving it I am seriously reconsidering that notion.

liter of cola

Established Member
I agree, the color is impressive! Definitely a good choice for this car. They didnt drill the front license plate, so I suppose I have the lesser of two evils as far as what they could have done to the car. As for mods, I installed Ford Racing catch cans (both drivers and passenger side) as soon as I took possession of the car. My initial thought was that I would only keep this car until the new GT500 came out, then trade up, but after driving this I am having a change of heart here. I still have not gone above 5K RPM yet, so I dont have any sense of true power yet but I vastly underestimated how balanced this car was going to be. If I keep this for more than a year or two, I will definitely do some mods, but will probably stick to Ford Racing performance adders so I may have to wait a bit for those to be released.

glad to hear ur bumper made it through the process in one piece. I was also planning to trade mine in for the gt500 in like 2020 or 2021. cant wait to drive mine, everyone seams to have the same great first impression when driving it, it must be really good.

cluscher

Established Member
Would be great to catch up and compare cars. Mine got loaded on the hauler today. I'm up near Everett...look forward to catching up with you.

It seems from the forums there are quite a few GT350 guys up here in the NW, but I have yet to see one on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread