I picked up a new/old center channel speaker for my HTS

03DOHC

Established Member
I've been looking for a timbre matched center channel for my classic Polk Audio Monitor 7C and Monitor 10s and I won one on ebay last weekend. It came today and it's a Polk Audio CS400 and it matches my Monitor series full sized Polk Audio speakers perfectly.

I am so stoked because now my surround sound system finally has that spatial feeling where the speakers become invisible and the sound can seem to come from any direction. It was more than I had hoped for and I got a great deal on it. :thumbsup: Very cool what you can find on ebay.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Nice! Nothing like a properly timbre matched set of speakers for the HTS. Makes all the difference in the world. Calibration level is the next most important item IMHO. I use the Onkyo Audyssey MultiEQ built into my 4308. I too recently switched to Polk speakers for the HTS in my main living area and I'm really liking them! I run a set of RTi A9 (Mains), CSi A6 (Center), and Polk RTi A3 (Rears).

U.M.

HT1.jpg

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Nice setup U.M. Those new Polks are beautiful.

I just set the center by ear for now, the others had their levels set previously. I have to build a shelf to put the center above my plasma and then I'll pull out the SPL meter.

Users who are viewing this thread