I need your help please, im so confused (electrical/misfire problem)

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Ok my 2001 cobra is equipped with Long tubes, o/r h pipe, mac cat back, gears and most recently a vortech V2-SQ with 42 lb injectors, 90mm lightning maf, snow performance stage 2 meth (maf controlled). Heres the problem. Even before I put the blower on it did this weird misfire thing. It would start misfiring at any rpm if you held it there for any amount of time. It just started one day back in july, the car sat in storage from sept-feb and i recently put the blower on last week. Thinking that it was just the old maf acting funny because i may have over oiled the filter in the summer, i figured the new maf would take car of the misfires. It didnt, when I took the car to the tuners (Modular Madness West)<--great guys btw, it sure as shit started the misfiring again on the dyno. its the wierdest thing, just the passenger side bank of cylinders are misfiring all over the rpm range. At first we thought it was the just the computer because the driver side bank injectors were getting 12volts and the passenger side were all over the place. well I got the new computer in today and sure enought both sides are now getting about 5 volts. Ok so now im totally stumped. We checked the grounds,Replaced all the coils with known working coils still nothing. Checked the compression and all the cylinders came back normal. The injectors all passed and are fine. Still I have not a clue what is causing the misfires. Pulled the o2 sensors and replaced them still misfiring. Guys im all out of ideas here. According to my math it has fuel, compression, spark why the heck is it misfiring? O and i replaced all the plugs gapped at .32 3 times, and im not thinking the spark is blowing out because it does this stupid misfiring from 1,500 rpm and up. That is the only codes its throwing also. Guys i really need your help I am so dang frustrated with this.
________

Topless Cobra

Ford Newbie
Established Member
So does this come and go? or is it a all the time thing? Are the injectors supposed to get 12V? You had one side at 12V the other at 5V-Changed the ECM and now both only have 5V (nothing else was changed?)

How many miles on this car? Motor been out? I(Has the car been hacked?)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread