I need some opinions well more like pro's on why to buy...

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
Alright this is what it boils down to.

I am in afghanistan right now. when i get back i am buying a new car.

here is the dilemma. I cant decide between and 2005 gt and a second terminator.

you see i used to have a white on about 8 months ago(see sig) and i sold it because i got tired of paying the car payment. :bash:

but now i can pay cash for one (I have decided on sonic blue) and have no payment or i can pay cash for an 05 gt. :shrug:

now what i need from you guys is all the reasons why i should buy a 03/04 sonic blue cobra over a new 05 mustang gt.:thumbsup:

give me some reasons, opinions, experiences whatever because it has been awhile since i have driven my old cobra, lately all i have been driving are humvee's and crap like that. thanks guys i havent been on this forum in awhile glad to be back

Thomas

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
My buddy drove an 05 and he wasnt impressed, then again he was spoiled by his cobra. If you pull up to the light next to an 05 in about 1 year who do you think will get the looks. YOU because in one year everyone and their mother will have one, and from all the mods I've seen done they all look like rice with the acception of a couple. You obviously have knowledge on the terminators and how to mod them, keep it that way. I think it will take a ton of money to get to where the terminator is stock! Good luck and thanks for what your doing:)

BoneCrusher

Established Member
You've already owned a 470+ HP Cobra so I would guess driving a 300 HP 05 would just not cut it, plus no blower and that awesome whine.

newcastle

Originally posted by SOLISIMO
Good luck and thanks for what your doing:)

I would like to second that.

The terminator will stand out in a crowd like solisimo said. The 05 (and 06, and 07, and....) GT is fine but they will be EVERYWHERE. More importantly, the performance difference is big, especially if you will mod the car.

Take care

Mongoose 03

The Godfather
Established Member
Seen my first 05 GT on the road today and was not impressed. Looks a little better in pictures but not in person.............even with a supercharger on it I would still pick my 03 Cobra hands down :thumbsup:

dougwg

Established Member
lemme see... a slow ass 05

or

a fast ass Cobra...

hrmmmm hard choice......NOT!

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
Cobra.jpg

Can you make an 05 look like this :)

sonicblue2003

Established Member
i would buy the cobra. or you could wait until the 07 model cobra comes out in 06.. from things i have read it is sup. to be even better then 03/04's well we will see.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It boils down to what you're looking for. The '05 platform is an improvement over the Terminator, so that may or may not be a consideration. If you're looking for all-out grunt than the '-03/'04 Cobra is your choice. If you want a more refined platform and the "new" look of the '05 then the '05 GT is your choice. Either way you can't lose IMO. Again, you have to decide what your priorities are. Remember, too, that the Cobras have had some issues, both minor and major. Then again, we're already hearing about head issues with the '05 GT that has pushed back more deliveries until March. Decisions! Decisions! Best of luck, and THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE DOING IN AFGANISTAN! I appreciate your serving our country!!

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
thanks guys for all the input. i must say i do miss the raw power of my old white 03. and i love the sonic blue cobras.

well the power difference is pulling me back to the terminator.

oh and cobra bob thanks for the kind words. i remember chatting with you on the forums back when i had my 03 cobra, you were always helpful when i had questions.

well i guess i will just need to see the 05 in person but i know most of me is screaming sonic blue 03 cobra. and i hear this little voice saying kenne bell or whipple. just a thought.

thomas

Users who are viewing this thread