I need some mustang help in Tucson

TwoTone5oh

Established Member
I am having some electrical issues with my 91 GT. This has been a 3 year restoration. Unfortunately electrical is my weak point. I was hoping someone here in town could help me out or knows someone that can help. Jefe I met you at one of the Vail mustang club meets about a year ago and from it seems like you know this town pretty good. Any help I could get I would be thankful for. My only option as of right now is to take it to some shop here in town and hope for the best. Here are some pics of the car. I have done all the work myself except for paint. Thanks

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

TwoTone5oh

Established Member
What kind of issues?

There are a handful of Foxbody guys on Desert Street Cars - Tucson's Street and Performance car enthusiast forum. I would register there and post up an intro and request for help.

ok, i will try and make my way over there. thanks

What are your issues? Myself and a few others may be able to lend a hand if you like.

have three problems as of right now and I think they may all be connected (or i should say i hope).

first off, my check engine light is faintly on as soon as I connect the battery. (no keys in the ignition).

Second the fuel pump is not priming when it is supposed to. it doesn't come on when you turn the key to "run" but when you crank the key to "start" without the clutch in you can hear the relays clicking and actually hear the pump kick on.

Last thing is the alternator, once i connect the battery in about 15 minutes you can feel it start to get hot. that is without doing anything, just the battery being connected.

like I said, i am lost when it comes to electrical but I want to learn. if you and some friends are willing to help, i would be grateful. I am a machinist/welder by trade so i am sure i can help you guys out with something.

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
where in Tucson are you at? I'm off for the next two days so I could swing by and take a look.

Non_Sequitor

Established Member
It does sound like at least a couple, if not all, of your problems are related. More than likely some kind of ground issue. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to meet up, and I'll see what I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread