I need help with pulley

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
Im fairly new to the mod scene on my 03 cobra and im confused on the pulley scene. I hear so many differ sizes such as 2.8 2.91 what is best? and whats up with the lower pulley? 4, 6lb? I have no idea about either of em and am looking for the best, safest and most efficient way to go. What tools and parts will i need to have to install and get the process done? Will i need a tensioner? If anyone can pretty much help me with what exactly doing a pulley swap with a "Lower" install? i am just new to it and would appreciate any help. Thanks

TRBO VNM

first try more specific searches. you will have weeks of info to read and learn.

based on what you are looking for, I would recommend this

2.93 upper w/ all idlers
4# lower
xcal2 flasher/datalogger
try the NGK TR6 plugs first and see how they work
new napa gates belt (see cobrabob's belt selection table for size)

this is a very nice setup. safe, reliable with the proper tune and the car will perform very nice.

you will probably want a new heat exchanger as well and possibly larger coolant tank.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
BlkSVTCobra said:
ok can i get all of that at the same place? if so whats the sites web address?
My advice to you is to shop around for some of the stuff! Lethal Performance has a sale on the X-Cal 2 this weekend for $379. I would contact Mark @ LFP for the Heat Exchanger www.lightningforceperformance.com and then I would contact Doug @ Billetflow for your upper and idler setup. www.billetflow.com. There are lots of guys selling their Predators now due to jumping on the X-Cal 2's bandwagon. Me, I stayed with the Predator! It's all in what YOU personally want and would like to spend. Good luck

BlkSVTCobra

Established Member
Ok cool, well the xcal2 and predator are like the same thing right? different makers though. Yeah i'll shop around, Im actually getting my car repainted and new wheels first, then the mods but i want to have it already picked out what im going to do so i don thave to scramble at the last minute, i'll already know where and what i want.

Users who are viewing this thread