i need help ..temp issues

Snkbite04

Established Member
So I am seeing temps of 220ish on my auroforce gauge in my 04 cobra with a 170 stat ...seems to cool when sitting and go up when moveing weird rite ..so I got/replaced t stat with a stocker /vacuumed air out ...2nd try still same ...iti go's up and moves around fast . Idk I am lost

oldmodman

Established Member
Does you temp drop if you turn on the electric fans by turning on your AC?

If there is no temp drop check to see if your fans are even running.

Are you running a custom tune? The fans on and off temps can be adjusted in the tune.

Other than that easy to check for problem there are so many things that can cause cooling problems.

Water pump starting to fail, a hose tearing apart inside and blocking the coolant flow, could even be a non linear temperature sender.

So I am seeing temps of 220ish on my auroforce gauge in my 04 cobra with a 170 stat ...seems to cool when sitting and go up when moveing weird rite ..so I got/replaced t stat with a stocker /vacuumed air out ...2nd try still same ...iti go's up and moves around fast . Idk I am lost

What temps are you seeing in terms of ambient temps in DE?

I also have a Resiche t-stat. I have the Even flow HC mod.

I saw like 92F ambient temps today in NJ with humidity at about 70% at the time I was driving this afternoon in my Cobra.

I spent about maybe 15min in stop and go traffic. I saw 106F at the highest on my OBD II monitor, with my AC fan setting on #3.

That's 222F in serious hot weather. With no real air flow hitting your radiator, besides our fan.

I think you are within the ballpark for stop and go.

Now if I continued to see temps in the 220F range after about 5 minutes of highway driving just cruising, even with AC on, I'd worry something is up in the cooling system.

But I did want to tell you about my own experiences because even I take notice when my temp readings reach 100C.

At 106F, I even pulled into a parking lot and popped the hood. Immediately checked for coolant cap failure or any scent of coolant anywhere. Looked under the vehicle for any drips and to make sure the radiator air deflector valence was in place.

If you're running a 50/50 mix, you got a 260-265F boiling point peak to work with.

Guys that Open Track their Terminators and are seeing 240F - 245F coolant temps on the road course even report pushing coolant past the cap in those EXTREME conditions.

Stop and go is tough my man. But I think you're good.

Users who are viewing this thread