I need advice from experienced tuners

jscanlon

Established Member
bov and pump

I am running an greddy rs look alike. Suprisingly its pretty well made. Initially, the bov was not opening all the way at idle. I had to take it apart and remove the larger of the 2 springs and cut a ring off the smaller one to get it close. Then I used the adjustment screw on top to dial it in. I would feel better if I didnt hear the compressor flutter, plus when reving down like when downshifting its annoying. Id like a mini race but they're so expensive.

I am shooting for low to 400 to 450hp. The blower is hitting about 8-9 psi at 5300rpm. The pump is a 'High Flow Performance' pump. I think they may advertise here and the coral. I thought the 255 should take me to 500 as well, especially with the wiring upgraded, which is why I was suprised to see it hitting 99.9% DC. I'm really hoping it was just sucking the basket dry and some holes in the basket will lower the DC enough to get to atleast 6000rpm(Pref. 6400rpm) and allow me 10% of head room on the DC. That doesnt sound like its asking too much of the pump with 42lbers and an all stock motor.

04Cobra85

Established Member
I am running an greddy rs look alike. Suprisingly its pretty well made. Initially, the bov was not opening all the way at idle. I had to take it apart and remove the larger of the 2 springs and cut a ring off the smaller one to get it close. Then I used the adjustment screw on top to dial it in. I would feel better if I didnt hear the compressor flutter, plus when reving down like when downshifting its annoying. Id like a mini race but they're so expensive.

I am shooting for low to 400 to 450hp. The blower is hitting about 8-9 psi at 5300rpm. The pump is a 'High Flow Performance' pump. I think they may advertise here and the coral. I thought the 255 should take me to 500 as well, especially with the wiring upgraded, which is why I was suprised to see it hitting 99.9% DC. I'm really hoping it was just sucking the basket dry and some holes in the basket will lower the DC enough to get to atleast 6000rpm(Pref. 6400rpm) and allow me 10% of head room on the DC. That doesnt sound like its asking too much of the pump with 42lbers and an all stock motor.

The bigger blow off i sent will cure the flutter and will sound nasty also. Can you data log the psi and which pump is it?

Users who are viewing this thread