I miss my car.

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
I'm stationed in WA and have been about 4 months now. I didn't bring my car here because I will only be here a year and I heard it "rained" a lot. So I left my car in my dads garage in AZ where it is currently collecting dust. The worst thing is that almost everyday here has been beautiful and I would be rocking the Cobra a lot, like today... I have a huge list of things I want to get done to it, but it will all have to wait I guess. Just thought I would share why I'm depressed on this beautiful Sunday that I could be out breaking the law in my Cobra. :beer:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Well the good thing is that it's in the garage, away from the elements...hang in there man...

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
But at least you are not a member of the 0 rwhp/0 rwtq club like I am now. My motor shit again.

KILRSVT

Established Member
same here t.o.b retainer and t.o.b inialated...need to install a clutch while i am at it.
not too sure what clutch to go with.....

man flyin that sucks...is this you third motor??? good luck on the new one bro...:beer:
3rd times the charm.??:lol1:

945LSTANG

Established Member
at least you still own it. look at the bright side.

i came into this thread thinking that it would be another cobra that was regretfully sold.

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
at least you still own it. look at the bright side.

i came into this thread thinking that it would be another cobra that was regretfully sold.

Never! I plan on owning this car until I die. You're right though I'm just glad it's mine. :banana:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
same here t.o.b retainer and t.o.b inialated...need to install a clutch while i am at it.
not too sure what clutch to go with.....

man flyin that sucks...is this you third motor??? good luck on the new one bro...:beer:
3rd times the charm.??:lol1:

Yea this will be the 3rd motor. Thinking Ill start with a Cammer block, and build it from there. Engine building is actually fun. Too bad its expensive. Time to up the displacement though. Still not 100% sure what happened, to make it go. Was driving normal, no crazy shit because I just had my tranny rebuilt, diff, and new gears, so I needed to break in the new stuff. Engine started to tick, the tick became clanking, could feel it in the gear shifter, so I am thinking the tranny was doing something bad again. Looked at oil pressure it was 0, then it started to run like shit and died. The car can still be turned over, but I think there aint much left from it seizing. My guess something really simple happened and it made something major happen. Will have to troubleshoot before I make too much speculation. Not going to trash anyone on the board. Just one of those things. Will get it figured out and it will be better than before. Guess I'll just have to settle on my slow jetstream blue GM product for awhile. So I can't complain too much. Before it went all to shit though, damn did that car sound good for its short lived 30 miles or so. 30 miles with no oil is a testament to how good that damn motor was. R.I.P to a perfectly running, strong and built Terminator engine.

Last edited:

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
Damn, that sucks to hear man. I'm sure it will come back better than ever. Maybe find yourself an old teksid block and have Boss 330 build you a pimp shortblock?? Is the car still in Vegas then? I can take the Whipple off your hands. I do wish it was the black finish though, that polished look has to be a PITA to keep clean.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Damn, that sucks to hear man. I'm sure it will come back better than ever. Maybe find yourself an old teksid block and have Boss 330 build you a pimp shortblock?? Is the car still in Vegas then? I can take the Whipple off your hands. I do wish it was the black finish though, that polished look has to be a PITA to keep clean.

Yea car is in the storage unit in Vegas, Towed it over there this morning. Gonna get looked at Monday. I hear you on old Al Papito and Boss 330. Thats kind of what I'm thinking. The Whipple 2.3 very well could be for sale soon. Only thing is I may still use it on the new engine to start from ground zero again. I need to research more on the Whipple 3.4's. I've heard of people cracking blocks and breaking crank shafts with them. Before I know the deal with that and if there is something to do, to prevent that with a 3.4 I'll most likely stay with the 2.3. With 5.0 liters of displacement, my cams, ported heads I could probably hit that 700 rwhp mark. So we will see. I know you were looking at a Whipple around this spring. I may have an answer for you then. I'll throw the 60lb injectors in with it, since if I go 3.4 I'll have some bigger ones.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Why would you not take your car to Washington? It's not like it's Fairbanks or in the middle of the tundra. No need to feel depressed for a decision like this. Take a long weekend and drive it back up there. Be well and breathe deep.

Users who are viewing this thread