32279_10150174551140648_26288295-1.gif

or this...

Ford_Fairmont2.gif

anim_peep.gif

j/k.... they are both great cars for the money :beer:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
LOL @ the butt hurt cobra guys. reality check: NO MATTER WHAT PLASTIC BADGE IS ON THE CAR, IT'S STILL A MUSTANG!

It's still a mustang, yes. However one is limited produced, whereas the other will be on every corner. Just like the 'maro. Why do you think everyone "wants" a 93 Cobra. They really aren't any faster than a standard GT, but they sure have a following.:beer: ie:Supra, GN, Typhoon......

SpectorV

Established Member
03/04 cobras are not limited production cars I dont believe, to be limited you need a specific number to be produced and stated ahead of time and then thats all thats made (like the anniversary cobras) but they are lower in production number, probably only 14-15k left on the roads and probably half of those are trashed~

The much higher price and lack of being able to make high hp/tq without a lot invested are my only drawbacks on the 2011. Looks are subjective, but I believe the 03 cobra's look is near timeless.

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
03/04 cobras are not limited production cars I dont believe, to be limited you need a specific number to be produced and stated ahead of time and then thats all thats made (like the anniversary cobras) but they are lower in production number, probably only 14-15k left on the roads and probably half of those are trashed~

The much higher price and lack of being able to make high hp/tq without a lot invested are my only drawbacks on the 2011. Looks are subjective, but I believe the 03 cobra's look is near timeless.

I agree. I also like the looks of the 03-04's much better however,
its the damned chassis that is a stumbling block for me...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

10K Year max on 03/04's. They didn't make anywhere near that # in '04 though. With an SVT vehicle you get certificates, number your vehicle was produced, hand built engines, etc.....

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
if i was in the op's shoes, 2011 for sure. i love my terminator but let's face it, the new mustang is a much better car

the more i see of this 2011 the more i like it, especially that atco vid :rockon: that sounded freakin awesome

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I think one thing to remember is that you will see the new GTs EVERYWHERE. The will sell a crap load of them. 03-04 Cobras are more scarce, and will always have that specialness" to them. However, for nearly the same money as the new GT I would purchase (premium, HID, gears and Brembos) I could probably pick up a used GT500. Then, you get the newer chassis and the "swagger" of a cobra.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
It's still a mustang, yes. However one is limited produced, whereas the other will be on every corner. Just like the 'maro. Why do you think everyone "wants" a 93 Cobra. They really aren't any faster than a standard GT, but they sure have a following.:beer: ie:Supra, GN, Typhoon......
i really don't know why anyone would give a damn about how many are produced. why should i give a **** if all my neighboors have one? i'm out to make ME happy.
your other examples don't really make sense, because they offer something that is extremely rare outside of that specific vehicle(the indestructable drivetrain of the supra, the huge V6 power potential of the GN, a factory twin turbo AWD pickup/SUV in the syclone/typhoon). the cobras have a strong engine, but it still needs built at ~700HP.

as far as the '93 cobra, i'm not sure why everyone "wants" one. to feel special i guess.

in the end though, atleast we're arguing about mustangs and mustangs, win-win either way:beer:

SpectorV

Established Member
while it is true that it doesnt matter if they made 400,000 of them or 10 if it makes you happy thats what matters... but in all honestly how would you feel if everyone in the world had the same exact car, would you also want the same car or something different?

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
Sounds like a tough decision to make, unless you already know your long term goal with whichever you choose. Once you've figured that out, and whether or not you'll keep either car for more than a couple years, you'll probably be able to choose easily and have no regrets later.

I'd base my decision on how long I planned to keep it and how much I planned to drive it, unless I simply liked one way more than the other.

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
while it is true that it doesnt matter if they made 400,000 of them or 10 if it makes you happy thats what matters... but in all honestly how would you feel if everyone in the world had the same exact car, would you also want the same car or something different?

This doesn't make any sense to me. I'd base my decision on what appeals to me, not on the decisions other people made. I wouldn't drive a civic just because everyone else on earth was driving a cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread