I love My Shelby GT500 But.............

Willie

Established Member
Sweet... but I'd rather find and buy back my 70 Boss 302 when it was mine as a teenager. So many memories. Spoilers and shaker but no slats. I believe someone on this website owns her today... or did....

1970 Boss 302 05.jpg

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet... but I'd rather find and get my 70 Boss 302 when it was mine as a teenager. So many memories. Spoilers and shaker but no slats. I believe someone on this website owns her today... or did....

View attachment 1732222
Nice Boss! But If I had the money, 1970-69 Boss 429 for me!
Boss-429.jpg

Last edited:

Willie

Established Member
Nice Boss! If I had the the money 1970-69 Boss 429 for me!
I hear ya, but even back in the day when these timeless classics were basically worthless, I never even saw a Boss 429. I'm sure that was different in Michigan. In West Texas where I grew up, we hardly saw any muscle cars. I was lucky to have found the Boss 302. Bought it for $1400.

Willie

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I hear ya, but even back in the day when these timeless classics were basically worthless, I never even saw a Boss 429. I'm sure that was different in Michigan. In West Texas where I grew up, we hardly saw any muscle cars. I was lucky to have found the Boss 302. Bought it for $1400.

Willie
Wow. Growing up in southeastern michigan as a kid there were always plenty of 1960-70 muscle cars around. One of the few perks of growing up in a muscle car auto manufacturing state like michigan. Still till this day car shows, meets and gatherings are a big deal. Old and new!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
It's a badass looking 68, personally I would never take that 68 over a 13/14 GT500 Super Snake, but everyone likes something different.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's a badass looking 68, personally I would never take that 68 over a 13/14 GT500 Super Snake, but everyone likes something different.
Hell yeah! I agree. If I was wealthy, I'd add this one to my stable. Just because!

When the salesman said, "You just don't see Mustangs with this kind of horsepower under the hood, EVER", I was thinking obviously he's never visited SVTP! LOL. That is one hell of a nice '68 blown Mustang, but honestly I'd rather have a more "tame" factory Boss 429. Nowhere near the power of this beast but IMO it would be more fun to own and occasionally drive. And speaking of horsepower, they never stated in the video how much power this engine was making. Any guesses?

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet... but I'd rather find and buy back my 70 Boss 302 when it was mine as a teenager. So many memories. Spoilers and shaker but no slats. I believe someone on this website owns her today... or did....
Right on! When I drug mine home, it had Cragars too! The Magnum 500s have been on forever now. But I still dig em'.

Attachments

• 20200412_093844_HDR_compress84.jpg
    20200412_093844_HDR_compress84.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 113

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Hell yeah! I agree. If I was wealthy, I'd add this one to my stable. Just because!

When the salesman said, "You just don't see Mustangs with this kind of horsepower under the hood, EVER", I was thinking obviously he's never visited SVTP! LOL. That is one hell of a nice '68 blown Mustang, but honestly I'd rather have a more "tame" factory Boss 429. Nowhere near the power of this beast but IMO it would be more fun to own and occasionally drive. And speaking of horsepower, they never stated in the video how much power this engine was making. Any guesses?
I believe its 1000! Not sure if it's at the crank or rear wheel. But one bad to the bone 68 GT FB. Very well built! I believe it sold for 180k in a few hours of it being put up for sale.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
My dads shop does all the paint and fab for Vanguard Motors. Top notch place. That 68 is put together very well.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
My dads shop does all the paint and fab for Vanguard Motors. Top notch place. That 68 is put together very well.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Yea I agree Dirks9901. Im local so every now and than Ill go down just to take a look at there cars. First class operation and cars!!

quad

Established Member
That thing is cool! But he got some salt on the car probably driving it on those Michigan roads with snow still visible. Cities just can't wait to drop salt as soon as they get a chance.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
That a bit more than I expected. 1,000 to the crank is definitely impressive.
Definitely would make an awesome car cruise/show and occasional drag strip weekend fun car CobraBob !!! 1000 horses to unleash w/ 5spd. Good lord would i get into some trouble with this car.....lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, maintenance would be more time than most would have until it's only driven a couple of Saturdays a month. Maintaining a tri-power '65 GTO would be easier. LOL. Then again, some guys would eagerly welcome the opportunity.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont disagree with the added maintenance that would go along with owning a car like this but for me "HELL YEA I WOULD MAKE IT WORTH IT"

Users who are viewing this thread