SVTFastBack

Established Member
Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I always liked Steve Perry. Nice to see him do something like this for the right reasons. Not money motivated. Just an impromptu appearance, blessing folks with his gift of song. Being away from the concert/tour/recording scene for so long, his voice actually sounds pretty good IMO.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Because of this thread, I just created a Steve Perry station on Pandora One. :thumbsup:

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Thanks for posting! Sounds great, wish he would work something out with Journey. Highly doubt it though, sounds like he and the band members never cared for each other.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Thanks for posting! Sounds great, wish he would work something out with Journey. Highly doubt it though, sounds like he and the band members never cared for each other.

Atleast they found a replacement that sounds exactly like him. And the replacement was a huge fan of Journey before becoming the lead singer. Talk about a dream come true!

My top 2 classic rock songs are Feeling That Way and Anytime. Played back to back in that order. Incredible.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
^That is a long story.

Personaly (and I'm the biggest Journey fan you may ever meet) once he said in the interview that "He never really felt part of the band" I could care less if he ever came back.
I have seen them live with EVERY singer they have had.

Still love his voice but Arnel does a good job as did Steve Augeri until he had throat problems.
They were even good with JSS even though he didn't have that signature voice. JSS is a great singer and frontman.
Arnel sings the songs close enough to make old fans like it but with just enough difference to make it his own.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
As much as I like Steve's voice, Gregg Rolie was the better singer. Just The Same Way is still my all time fav. Hell the only song I like after Gregg left is Stone In Love. Would LOVE to see the original band together again. Steve and Gregg together on a song is magic.

Gravik

Established Member
I saw Journey a few years back. Terrific concert. Sadly Perry wasn't lead singer. New singer was still damn good though.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Love me some Journey, Styx, Foreigner, etc. Where I grew up there was a little gin mill that all the bands that were playing at the big arenas would come to before or after the big shows. I've seen/meet Perry, Tyler from Aerosmith and a hand full of others.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Love me some Journey, Styx, Foreigner, etc. Where I grew up there was a little gin mill that all the bands that were playing at the big arenas would come to before or after the big shows. I've seen/meet Perry, Tyler from Aerosmith and a hand full of others.

Very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread