I know its early, but 2023 GT500 questions

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
So i've really had my heart set on a 23 GT500, but now it seems like things might get interesting in 23. I keep hearing the S650 chassis will be revealed for all 23 mustangs. But I also keep hearing that there will be no 500 for 2023! It's SVT's 30th anniversary, and I just can believe that they would skip such a big anniversary year, and not offer anything. With the 350 gone, how would they have nothing but a raptor to offer? I want to start collecting anniversary cars. I've got 2 2013's, and want the 23 to be next, then a 03 and 93 obviously. But is the closest thing I'm going to get a 22 heritage car? Anyone have any insight into this? I'd appreciate any insight fellas!

Brian

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Since SVT as we know it has been gone since the 2004 cobra, and 2014 raptors, I doubt they will officially recognize it for the 30th in 2023.

Although I do agree with you it would be cool

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
These are interesting times we're living in. The Plaid shows the astounding possibilities of electric cars, and it's boring as hell. ICE manufacturers are throwing the kitchen sink at their last gasoline engines. Chevy's LT6 is a real high water mark. Tim Kuniskis has hinted that Dodge will throw more power at the Hellcats before Stellantis cancels them in two years.

From all signs Ford is going hybrid electric AWD with its V8s for the S650. I doubt the GT500 will be made in 2023. But I do think Ford will have another GT350.

Chevy has literally pimp-slapped Ford with the LT6. They pulled out all stops for that engine instead of wimping out like Ford always does. Ford is the manufacturer that has always embraced DOHC V8s yet Chevy hasn't made one in 30 years and came out with an absolute masterpiece. Ford's Hurricane/Boss architecture is the 427 SOHC of our time. Its bore spacing at 115mm versus the standard 100mm for everything modular based (Coyote, Trinity, Voodoo, Predator) is the holy grail of Ford OHC engine design. An aluminum blocked, DOHC headed, 107-108mm bore, 79-80mm stroke, titanium alloy rodded, flat-plane in 5.8 liters could completely steal Chevy's thunder on LT6. Voodoo was compromised because the bore centers are too close together to run the gargantuan valves required to get an engine to breathe up very well above 8500 rpm. It would take quite a bit of engineering to get the reciprocating mass at 5.8 liters down enough to pass durability but they could do it.

Sorry for the semi off-topic ranting. No 2023 GT500 but definitely a GT350 say I...

Breitling

Established Member
Not sure about '23, but I can't imagine Ford passing up the opportunity to put electric motors up front and still have a V8 (turbo please?) for the old school sound. Would be an absolute beast of a GT500.

99BOSS

Established Member
Its been stated before that this current version of the GT500 is only a 3 year run, 20-22 model years. Somewhere I remember a Ford exec even stating that. Thats why you're seeing this upcoming special edition. Who knows if there will be another GT500. Ill bet this is the last of the supercharged V8, non hybrid versions. Dodge said yesterday that buyers basically have 2 years to get a Hellcat/Charger platform with the supercharged Hemi V8. I think the the end of the road as we know it is about to be here. A new electric/hybrid chapter is about to start. To the OP, you better grab a 22 when you can. SVT has been dead for years since Ford Performance took over the whole network years ago.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree that it’s not an svt car so I can’t see any type of anniversary model being released.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
SVT cars, now called Ford Performance, are always are at least a MY behind the launch of a new platform. (Raptor, GT500 now even Bronco). So when S650 comes, the FP version(s?), what ever they may be, will lag at least a year.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Dodge isn’t getting out of the muscle game in 24 they’re revamping due to the current platform not being able to meet the standards the government is dishing out toward the industry. There going to have a new 2dr sports, it won’t be a gas hooning s/c v8 though.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Ford whiffed on a 50th anniversary GT500 in 2017 do I doubt they’ll prioritize SVTs 30th. No 2023 and I’d assume the next Gen S650 based platform with continue a Ford Performance variation. I’d be shocked if it’s not electric infused :)
-J

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Ford whiffed on a 50th anniversary GT500 in 2017 do I doubt they’ll prioritize SVTs 30th. No 2023 and I’d assume the next Gen S650 based platform with continue a Ford Performance variation. I’d be shocked if it’s not electric infused :)
-J
Ford gotta be itching to re bring rename plate (Boss) again so why not make it a my23/24’ ;)

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I would order a 2022 now. Between the chip shortage and the fact the S550 chassis is ending soon, it will be difficult to get one as demand for new cars is very high.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The next platform will undoubtedly be electric. Just makes sense for Ford. So some folks might not want to let a 2022 slip through their fingers, unless a used '20-'22 is of interest.

Silver Talon

Established Member
I found a dealer local to me that has a 22 available for a late build car, at MSRP. I drive out tuesday to put my deposit on a Heritage car. Its the closest ill ever get to an anniversary car, so i'll have something close to cap off the 93, 03, 13 SVT cars. I'm pretty stoked! And the Brittany Blue is growing on me!

Silver Talon

Established Member
Nice! Congrats on the order!
Can’t wait to see the Brittany Blue in person.
-J
I'm hoping I can pull some strings and get out to the plant to see this built. Luckily one of the Ford family compounds is down here in Maine, and a friend of mine does a fair amount of dealings with them. I'll be barking in his ear shortly!

I also am excited to see it! The post sid did of the new package is viewed by myself a lot, and helped me make the decision on that one!

snakecharmer

Established Member
I'd bet money on Ford ruining the next platform with electric bullshit. Get one while the getting is good. EVs suck ass.

Users who are viewing this thread