"I just want to lay on a beach and relax" and other stupid vacations....

Is laying on the beach really a good vacation?

• Yes

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I take vacations to fish bass tournaments lol

Bitches at work are like "why are you tired? You just had a week off"...bitch...i drove 10hrs to virginia weds, pre fished thurs, fri-sun i was up at 430, on the water at 530, stood up and fished for 10hrs straight each day, drank beer at night, drove home 10hrs monday...today is tueday...im worn out

Fishing is relaxing...but tournament fishing is rough man...by thr 3rd day im eating advil like a fat kid at McDs lol

sounds like our hunting trips, i usually try to have at least a full day back home to recover a bit

Blown 89

Established Member
Best vacation I've ever had was this summer. My 5 y/o and I hopped in the RV and just drove with no real plan. I had some general ideas of where we wanted to go and what we wanted to see but had no idea where we were staying until we got there and didn't have any itinerary of any kind. We didn't know where we were sleeping until we got there which got interesting at times but the adventure was fun.

We made our way from Phoenix to Northern Arizona then up into Utah where we hit Moab, Salt Lake, down into Fountain Green then back up to Salt Lake. We hiked out to see the fossilized dinosaur footprints and life sized dinosaur exhibits in Moab, saw a really cool fossil site in Navajo nation, spent half a day at the Museum of Natural History in Salt lake, a full day at Eccles dinosaur park in Ogdin, and a few days at a farm in Fountain Green with some minor stops here and there.

After doing everything we wanted we had a week to kill so w headed to Vegas at 2am and stayed at a truck stop. From there we escaped the brutal July heat in Big Bear for a few days then down to San Diego. After seeing forest fire after forest fire along the California drive we compared the forest in California to those of Norther Arizona. My 5 year old spotted the difference in land management so how Democrats can't is beyond me. San Diego was the only location we called in advance. The homelessness is so bad that boondocking the RV is near impossible so we stayed at an over priced resort for that one. Laying on the beach is boring but watching my son have fun is enjoyable.

All in all it was 2.5 weeks in a 24' class C....just me and my 5 year old. I could talk for hours about all that we did. Our friends went to the beach in Mexico and didn't have a tenth of the experience. To each their own but that's my kind of vacation.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

rborden

Established Member
Man there is nothing better than an ice cold drink, watching the waves roll in, in the sun.. with a woman wearing next to nothing next to you.

I guess I’m in the minority.. I love vacations of doing nothing. Gf and I went to Arkansas a week ago for 3 days. Spent 2 working. 3rd day.. sat in the hot springs didn’t do shit. Loved it.

Been there done that. 20 minutes after getting there, I’m so bored. I can’t sit still on a beach and absolutely zero desire to get in the ocean.

I have to be doing something or learning something.

ENV²

Established Member
I enjoyed Kauai, Mykonos, and Santorini immensely with my wife. Greece beaches are amazing and so are the women

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Dumb vacations? Guys, y'all arent even _trying_. Here's what the wife and I do on vacation:

When I go on vacation I chart out known used bookstores and plan my itinerary around that. Any "found" book store is added to the list. Finding something like an old Audel's Steam Engine Repair manual is a major find and justifies the whole vacation. One I found Misner, Thorne and Wheeler's "Gravitation," for $15.00! It is _the_ text book on on General Relativity. It's big enough it has it's own damn gravity. It was in new condition, even! Justified the whole vacation. On top of that, you can add any and all aviation museums. Or spacecenters. (If you haven't been to the Stennis Space Center, it's great! They've got a whole Saturn VB booster stage on display, tons of rocket engines on display, you should go it's awesome!

My wife is an equestrienne. She rides horses. Part of the reason I can feed my book habit is that on weekends, I don't see much of her because she's at the barn. So our vacations have to chart out places they offer trail rides. A huge compromise on finding books, but one has to work at keeping a relationship going.

So: one man's dumb vacation is another guy's reason for going.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Dumb vacations? Guys, y'all arent even _trying_. Here's what the wife and I do on vacation:

When I go on vacation I chart out known used bookstores and plan my itinerary around that. Any "found" book store is added to the list. Finding something like an old Audel's Steam Engine Repair manual is a major find and justifies the whole vacation. One I found Misner, Thorne and Wheeler's "Gravitation," for $15.00! It is _the_ text book on on General Relativity. It's big enough it has it's own damn gravity. It was in new condition, even! Justified the whole vacation. On top of that, you can add any and all aviation museums. Or spacecenters. (If you haven't been to the Stennis Space Center, it's great! They've got a whole Saturn VB booster stage on display, tons of rocket engines on display, you should go it's awesome!

My wife is an equestrienne. She rides horses. Part of the reason I can feed my book habit is that on weekends, I don't see much of her because she's at the barn. So our vacations have to chart out places they offer trail rides. A huge compromise on finding books, but one has to work at keeping a relationship going.

So: one man's dumb vacation is another guy's reason for going.
My ultimate vacation? Make a tour of the USA and see each of the SR-71's and variants on display throughout the country.

Anyone surprised? Anyone? Anyone at all?

My favorite previous vacation? Went to the McDonald Observatory and looked at, and through, telescope all day and night.

Zemedici

Established Member
Try a vacation to an exotic country where it all revolves around sampling their local drugs. Truly life-altering.

curiosity-curious.gif

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I've spent like 3 months backpacking Europe and Asia. I'm with ya OP, I hate sitting still. Give me a major city like Paris, Berlin, or Rome that I can explore for 5 days. Now that is a vacation. Now don't get me wrong, I can enjoy a beach day, when it's like 1 of 6 or something, but a whole week at a condo where's it's just the beach, and that's it? Hell no!

Users who are viewing this thread