I just put a 2003 cobra supercharger. I’m gonna put it on my 01 cobra, anyone know all the parts I’ll need to do this? Thank you in advanced.

thechildishgod

I’m brand new to this! I need help with this project, I’m turning my 01 cobra into a terminator. I got the 01 Eaton supercharger & throttle body. Anyone have a list of parts or advice that has done this before?? thank you!!!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m. It sure if it’s on this site or not but there are some writeups from mach1 and cobra guys on what’s needed if you search. There are some options that don’t involve swapping timing covers

I’ve not done it so no first hand experience but there’s a lot of stuff. Terminator lower intake may be the thing that’s getting scarce since ford quit making them years ago

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Top of the forum. Just my opinion, but sell the eaton and put the money towards a centri.

thechildishgod

Top of the forum. Just my opinion, but sell the eaton and put the money towards a centri.

thank you!! would a centri be better? i appreciate the help.

thechildishgod

I’m. It sure if it’s on this site or not but there are some writeups from mach1 and cobra guys on what’s needed if you search. There are some options that don’t involve swapping timing covers

I’ve not done it so no first hand experience but there’s a lot of stuff. Terminator lower intake may be the thing that’s getting scarce since ford quit making them years ago
I see.. I’ve been doing research, nothing too solid to go off though. It’s a little scary lol. I haven’t been able to find any, the lower intakes are pricy and hard to find nowadays.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
thank you!! would a centri be better? i appreciate the help
I don't know that I'd say better as PD blowers are good in their own right. But I'm thinking more about availability. You can call up and order a complete centri kit for your car. And they're pretty easy to install. The first time I installed the blower on my 01 Cobra it took a weekend. And that included doing the fuel pumps as well. You'll be spending months possibly looking for parts for the eaton swap. You might get lucky and find someone willing to sell you what you need, but that's still a crap shoot if you get everything you need in one shot.

I'll add that I'm a centri guy at heart. I still miss that whistle at idle sometimes.

thechildishgod

I don't know that I'd say better as PD blowers are good in their own right. But I'm thinking more about availability. You can call up and order a complete centri kit for your car. And they're pretty easy to install. The first time I installed the blower on my 01 Cobra it took a weekend. And that included doing the fuel pumps as well. You'll be spending months possibly looking for parts for the eaton swap. You might get lucky and find someone willing to sell you what you need, but that's still a crap shoot if you get everything you need in one shot.

I'll add that I'm a centri guy at heart. I still miss that whistle at idle sometimes.
i see what ya mean. Hmm, im honestly gonna consider that instead.. flip this Eaton and look for a centri kit. Do you have a link to the kit you got? Sounds like a way better idea & smarter.. I appreciate the help! Definitely might go this route better.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
i see what ya mean. Hmm, im honestly gonna consider that instead.. flip this Eaton and look for a centri kit. Do you have a link to the kit you got? Sounds like a way better idea & smarter.. I appreciate the help! Definitely might go this route better.
That was about 10 years ago. So I'm sure things have changed. I originally ran a D1 because I got a good deal. It might be worth reaching out to one of the vendors on here and see what they can do for you.

Users who are viewing this thread