I just ordered a 2023 Genesis G70 3.3T. I'm psyched!

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Oh I absolutely get the choice for a sedan. Should be a great car. Dig the color too.

Even though it's AWD, will you purchase snow tire package to swap out?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
109mph quarter mile as absolutely no slouch. That's a runner wrapped in luxury.

Congrats Bob.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are the Genesis models prone to being stolen so easily like the Hyundai/Kia models are?
No.

One thing always raising my concern is whether or not you know you are in a Hyundai even though it is the high end product.
I guess the simple answer would be it's like comparing Acura and Honda, or Lexus and Toyota. Under the same umbrella but the model offerings are different. I drive a Genesis GV70. Hyundai doesn't make a comparable SUV. I'm buying a Genesis G70. Hyundai doesn't offer a comparable sedan. Same with the Genesis G70. Part of the confusion is that Genesis and Hyundai typically share a dealership, whereas Acura and Lexus have a physical separation. But they are definitely different.....Genesis and Hyundai.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
109mph quarter mile as absolutely no slouch. That's a runner wrapped in luxury.

Congrats Bob.
Thanks, Dom. It's no GT-500 (LOL) but no slouch, either. It's not as luxury as the G80 or G90, but does have more luxury than the Hyundai sedans.
There is one of these locally, same package as yours, but red. It is a very nice looking car I must say.
When I bought my 2019 G70, I originally wanted that Havana Red. But went with the metallic gray instead since it was almost identical to my old Dark Shadow Gray Cobra. Now, I leaned towards white.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Thanks, Dom. It's no GT-500 (LOL) but no slouch, either. It's not as luxury as the G80 or G90, but does have more luxury than the Hyundai sedans.

When I bought my 2019 G70, I originally wanted that Havana Red. But went with the metallic gray instead since it was almost identical to my old Dark Shadow Gray Cobra. Now, I leaned towards white.
I have always liked a nice white. Especially when a car has nice lines. Just looks crisp.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks good.
Thought they had a 400hp optioned car, but maybe that's the 80 or 90?
The G70 3.3T twin-turbo V6 (luxury small sedan makes 365hp.
The G80 3.5T twin-turbo V6 (luxury mid-size sedan) makes 375hp.
The G90 3.5T twin-turbo V6 with an electric supercharger (luxury full-size sedan) makes 409hp.

jshen

Established Member
I had a G70 and loved it but due to a fall off my roof, I could no longer get in/out of the car. The lack of trunk space was an issue so I traded it in on a GV70. Metallic Black.... I love the quality but my dealership- not so much. Genesis of America told me they are headed for separate dealerships like Lexus.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
We have a 2019 G70 and had major paint issues with it. They ended up having to repaint the entire vehicle under warranty, but the headache of the process turned us away. We sold it last year. I hope you have a much better experience! It was a fun car.

Cobra1776

Established Member
I,too have G70, fully optioned as yours is. One of the best vehicles I’ve owned. It’s a 2021 and hopefully they bump up the power to the 400 range on the next model refresh, I’ll definitely buy again.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh I absolutely get the choice for a sedan. Should be a great car. Dig the color too.

Even though it's AWD, will you purchase snow tire package to swap out?
No plans for winter wheels/tires. I don't use my vehicles much during the winter months. We usually use my wife's Acura.

I had a G70 and loved it but due to a fall off my roof, I could no longer get in/out of the car. The lack of trunk space was an issue so I traded it in on a GV70. Metallic Black.... I love the quality but my dealership- not so much. Genesis of America told me they are headed for separate dealerships like Lexus.
Have you noticed a difference (shifting) between your G70 and GV70? That's my one gripe about my GV70. The shifting is too loose for my taste. Nothing like the G70 shifts. Other than that, I've liked the GV70 a lot. I just don't really need an SUV, and much more prefer to drive a performance sedan. The metallic black GV70 paint is nice.

We have a 2019 G70 and had major paint issues with it. They ended up having to repaint the entire vehicle under warranty, but the headache of the process turned us away. We sold it last year. I hope you have a much better experience! It was a fun car.
Sorry you had a paint issue on your 2019 G70. My 2019 G70 had excellent paint. It happens. What did you replace it with?
I,too have G70, fully optioned as yours is. One of the best vehicles I’ve owned. It’s a 2021 and hopefully they bump up the power to the 400 range on the next model refresh, I’ll definitely buy again.
I test drove a '21 on Saturday. I wanted to drive a 2023 3.3T but the dealership didn't have any in stock. Funny think was during the test drive I was mostly happy with the power delivery. And then as we approached the dealership on the return, I realized I was in Eco mode. :ROFLMAO: I switched to Sport mode and instantly it took me back to my old 2019 G70.

Have you tried Launch Control?

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
You’ll love that drivetrain more and more as your ownership goes on. I have a ‘22 Stinger GT2 and it moves well for a big car.

jshen

Established Member
No plans for winter wheels/tires. I don't use my vehicles much during the winter months. We usually use my wife's Acura.

Have you noticed a difference (shifting) between your G70 and GV70? That's my one gripe about my GV70. The shifting is too loose for my taste. Nothing like the G70 shifts. Other than that, I've liked the GV70 a lot. I just don't really need an SUV, and much more prefer to drive a performance sedan. The metallic black GV70 paint is nice.

Sorry you had a paint issue on your 2019 G70. My 2019 G70 had excellent paint. It happens. What did you replace it with?

I test drove a '21 on Saturday. I wanted to drive a 2023 3.3T but the dealership didn't have any in stock. Funny think was during the test drive I was mostly happy with the power delivery. And then as we approached the dealership on the return, I realized I was in Eco mode. :ROFLMAO: I switched to Sport mode and instantly it took me back to my old 2019 G70.

Have you tried Launch Control?
Funny you should mention the loose shifting!!! My GV70 has that issue but I have only 2000 miles, city driving. I did notice hi-octane gas gave me better miles per gallon...Car goes in for oil change and maintenance, and I will bring that up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You’ll love that drivetrain more and more as your ownership goes on. I have a ‘22 Stinger GT2 and it moves well for a big car.
The Stinger also provides a bit more rear seat room, although it was never really an issue with my old '19 G70.

Funny you should mention the loose shifting!!! My GV70 has that issue but I have only 2000 miles, city driving. I did notice hi-octane gas gave me better miles per gallon...Car goes in for oil change and maintenance, and I will bring that up.
Where I notice(d) it the most is WOT from around 10mph. The transmission seems to hang up on the 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd as if it's trying to shift. In reality, it is just a very loose/long shift to the next gear. Feels like it's slipping, but I know that's not the case. It does it even in Sport mode. Using the paddle shifters makes the gear transitions better, but I can't use them all the time. This "looseness" started from day 1. I now have 5,500 miles in it.

Congrats & good luck with the new ride..
Thanks Don.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
The Stinger also provides a bit more rear seat room, although it was never really an issue with my old '19 G70.

Where I notice(d) it the most is WOT from around 10mph. The transmission seems to hang up on the 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd as if it's trying to shift. In reality, it is just a very loose/long shift to the next gear. Feels like it's slipping, but I know that's not the case. It does it even in Sport mode. Using the paddle shifters makes the gear transitions better, but I can't use them all the time. This "looseness" started from day 1. I now have 5,500 miles in it.

Thanks Don.
Sounds like a 10R80.... Urg.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Sounds like a 10R80.... Urg.
and 10R60. Tune fixed that issue but Ford's stock tranny tune is HORRIBLE.

Congrats Bob! Beautiful car! Kia/Hyundai/Genesis dealers have not been nice to deal with in my experience, dealing with them thru relatives was a headache. Hopefully your dealer treats you better.

Users who are viewing this thread