I just ordered a 2023 Genesis G70 3.3T. I'm psyched!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So some of you might remember when I had a 2019 Genesis G70 3.3T sport sedan (Sport Preferred package). I liked it a lot but in late 2021 after test driving a 2022 Genesis GV70 (sport SUV), I decided to trade it in after getting an offer I couldn't refuse. I "thought" I wanted something more practical for year round driving. I've enjoyed the GV70, but I've really missed a sports sedan. So I visited my Genesis dealer on Saturday and found out that a 2023 Genesis G70 3.3T (Sport Preferred) in Uyuni White (pearl finish) was in transit and available. 3.3 liter turbo making 365hp. Pretty much identically equipped as my 2019 G70 with updated features, Brembo brakes, and black interior with red stitching. The exact color I wanted, and the exact features/packages that I wanted. I got a great trade-in offer (plus an additional $1,500 discount) and delivery is supposed to be around March 1. It usually takes 3-6 months to order a specific color/package. I was just fortunate that the color/package I wanted was in transit. My 2019 had the same seats but they were medium gray with light gray stitching. This one with the black seats/red stitching looks better with the white exterior. The infotainment system is updated, too, although it isn't the same as in my GV70. I would have preferred the one in my GV70 but this one will be fine. To say I'm excited about going back to a G70 3.3T is an understatement. I should never have sold my 2019, but at least I'm getting a new 2023. Styling wise, the front and rear are updated, as are the wheels. I'll post some actual photos of my car when I take delivery. I have to now talk to my buddy about getting it ceramic coated. He does fantastic detailing work.

This is a photo of an identical car as far as paint color and package. Same with the black interior.

1675725903182.jpeg

2022_Genesis_G70_3.3T_Sport_Prestige_47.jpg

0bb47272815e597285d151b76d98c4e8x.jpg

Different paint color, but this shows the 19" wheels (different from my old 2019 G70) and Brembo brakes.
1675726754599.png

MG0h3

Established Member
Gonna be a fun car! Love the color.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gonna be a fun car! Love the color.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I haven't had a pearl white vehicle since my 2002 Infiniti QX4. I love the color.

You have a Korean fetish, or what?

Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.
LOL. I'm a big Genesis fan. They make great vehicles. They offer big bang for the buck. And IMO they do a fantastic job with exterior and interior design.

I really like those seats, congrats
Thanks. Basically same seats I had in my 2019, I believe, except for the color. I liked them then, so hopefully I'll be just as happy with the new ones.

That is nice. What kind of horsepower does it make?
Yeah, as Brad said, horsepower is 365 (in my original post). Torque is 376. 0-60 is between 4.3 and 4.6. Quarter mile is supposed to be 13.1 @ 109 mph. It's no GT-500, but performs really well.

That is sweet for sure. When I hear CobraBob. I envision a gun metal 98 cobra with a 2013 Shelby drivetrain.
Maybe GenesisBob? LOL. No, I may not have my Cobra any longer, but that will always be the best car overall that I ever owned. My wife just said today she wished I still have my '03 Cobra. So I'll always be CobraBob. (y)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know right? Are you ever gonna buy another cobra Bob ?
Dan, as I just mentioned in my last post, my wife said today she wished I still had my '03 Cobra. What I didn't say was that she asked me if I'd rather buy another Cobra, but she meant a new 2023 Cobra. I prefer a new car and I prefer the size of the G70. I'm really comfortable in it. I doesn't feel heavy or bulky, like my GV70 feels.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Dan, as I just mentioned in my last post, my wife said today she wished I still had my '03 Cobra. What I didn't say was that she asked me if I'd rather buy another Cobra, but she meant a new 2023 Cobra. I prefer a new car and I prefer the size of the G70. I'm really comfortable in it. I doesn't feel heavy or bulky, like my GV70 feels.

What's the newest Mustang you've driven?

LS WUT

Established Member
I think you should give an 03 cobra another shot at love! I can agree newer cars for sure make things fun, and comfortable. However the feeling of true raw power is awesome to me. The pucker I get when the tires break loose at 50 in the cobra versus in the GT500, or the hellcat is always a smile. In the other cars I know shortly after my throttle will be cut to 25% or what not. Either way, I can’t wait to see the new car buddy!

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm looking for a new daily driver and the G70 is definitely on my radar, I love sport sedans and am trying to stay away from an SUV. The base model RWD 3.3T is about 45K and has everything I need. Genesis quality is up there with Lexus and they have a great warranty to boot. I'll hopefully be looking later this year.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's the newest Mustang you've driven?
My 2003 Cobra. LOL. I just haven't been enamored with post 2004 Mustangs. The only one I'd consider would be a 2022 GT-500 (new or under 1K miles) but I'm not going to spend +$100K on a vehicle.

I think you should give an 03 cobra another shot at love! I can agree newer cars for sure make things fun, and comfortable. However the feeling of true raw power is awesome to me. The pucker I get when the tires break loose at 50 in the cobra versus in the GT500, or the hellcat is always a smile. In the other cars I know shortly after my throttle will be cut to 25% or what not. Either way, I can’t wait to see the new car buddy!
I hear ya, Dan. But it wouldn't work as a daily for me. I need a reliable car that is decently quick, good looking, comfortable, and won't dent my finances with maintenance. Now if I could afford to have the G70 AND a lower mileage Terminator for weekends, I'd do it. For me, though, it would have to be one or the other, so the G70 is my choice. Besides, I kind of "live the Terminator fantasy" through my SVTP friends. LOL.

That's super sleek looking nicee
Thanks. (y)

I'm looking for a new daily driver and the G70 is definitely on my radar, I love sport sedans and am trying to stay away from an SUV. The base model RWD 3.3T is about 45K and has everything I need. Genesis quality is up there with Lexus and they have a great warranty to boot. I'll hopefully be looking later this year.
Eddie, have you test driven a 3.3T? If not, do it. I think you'll be impressed. Yeah, the base model RWD 3.3T is definitely nice. I just like to have AWD for the occasional wet weather/snow(?) excursions. FYI, two colors are being retired on the 2023 models. I believe they are Siberian Ice and Mallorca Blue.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
My 2003 Cobra. LOL. I just haven't been enamored with post 2004 Mustangs. The only one I'd consider would be a 2022 GT-500 (new or under 1K miles) but I'm not going to spend +$100K on a vehicle.

As much as you are a car guy, you should test drive just a stock S550 GT, PP1, manual or auto, w/Magneride. You'd be amazed.

Don't blame you on the +$100k.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I might do that for kicks. I neglected to say that I also went with a sport sedan because 4-doors are convenient for carry groceries, etc. as well as being easier for the occasional rear seat passenger to get in. Kind of the same reason why some prefer the Charger over the Challenger.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are the Genesis models prone to being stolen so easily like the Hyundai/Kia models are?

Users who are viewing this thread