I Just Ordered A 2022 GT 5.0 6-Speed Vert!!

Coosawjack

Established Member
Last Summer I decided that my BEAUTIFUL 2019 GT Vert was killing me with right hip pain....it got so bad that I sold the car and decided I was just too OLD for a Mustang!!:( By December my hip was worse and upon x-ray investigation I found out that it was completely destroyed from Arthritis, at which point I lamented the sale of my 2019 Vert......UGH!!:sick:

Well.......in January 2022 I was scheduled for a complete right hip replacement and on February 8th it was done.........WOW......NO MORE PAIN but weeks of recovery lay ahead.......so I killed lotsa time searching for old 1960's Hot Rods!!:cool: After searching a few months and missing all buying opportunities I gave up and reconsidered a Mustang but late model used ones are scarce and STUPID expensive!!:unsure: :mad:

Last Thursday (6-9-22) I decided to build my new car on Ford's website for price reference and by Saturday I contacted our friend Nick at Chuck Anderson Ford and he responded almost instantly saying that he would price my new Mustang and get back to me on Monday AM......WOW.....that was quick!!:oops:

Well, at 9:01 EDT good ole Nick quoted me a good price and we swapped information....BOOM.....the new GT Vert was ordered and I got confirmation from Ford at 10:30 AM.........WOW........I cannot believe how smooth and simple that was!!(y):);)
I cannot thank Nick enough and I now understand why he is SVT Performances "GO TO DEALER".....one more WOW!!(y):D

Below is a screenshot of the car....color is Carbonized Gray Metallic.........I cannot wait to get it!!:whistle:

Thanks again Nick!!(y)(y):cool:
2022 Mustang GT.PNG

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice color. My 21' F150 is that same color.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Coosawjack

Established Member
Jacking Rails, Clutch Spring (if necessary) and Real Horn (if still single horn)........that's all to start with but we ALL know it never stops!!:love:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulation, Jack! Nice paint color choice. I read about your hip pain, getting worse and worse, and leading to the right hip replacement. Been there, done that, myself. 5 years ago! The gnawing pain pushed me to get an x-ray and like you, arthritis (aided by years of running) forced the surgery. Longish recovery and rehab but the pain was gone. Now, we're keeping an eye on the left side. I have a feeling I'll have that one done in by 2024.

Again, congratulations. You'll enjoy the heck out of your GT. And, you got the 6-speed! Awesome!

Coosawjack

Established Member
Thanks guys.......looking forward to seeing it in person sometime in August.......NOW THE WAIT BEGINS!!o_O

My hip replacement was amazingly easy CobraBob.......the robotic surgery was minimally invasive and no formal therapy afterwards.......just SIX WEEKS on the damn walker.....UGH!!:(

At my 6 week post op appointment my surgeon released me with no restrictions.......WOW......have a look where the walker ended up!!;) This photo is on the wall at my Surgeon's office........they loved it!!:ROFLMAO:

THE HANGING.jpg

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Congrats Jack on both your surgery and new car!

The Steeda Jacking Rails are great.

Does your new GT include any of these?
- Performance Pack
- Active Exhaust
- MagneRide
- B&O Stereo
- Heated/Cooled Seats

A couple weeks ago me and the wifey spent 14-1/2 hours in our 20 GT, 6spd, vert with all the above options. Although it was a very long day, we both felt pretty damn good physically. I attribute it to the MagneRide and cooled seats.

FWIW:
Steeda Jacking Rails:
Steeda 555 5207 Mustang Convertible Low-Profile Jacking Rails (15-22)

Post the little touches...

Nick can help you with this. Dealership needs to program.
Remote Keypad Actuator:

Diode Dynamics Sidemarker Lights:

JLT Oil Separator:

Coosawjack

Established Member
Hey Lambeau....I ordered the following:

- Performance Pack-NO
- Active Exhaust-YES
- MagneRide-NO
- B&O Stereo-NO
- Heated/Cooled Seats-YES

I installed jacking rails on my 2019 car.........will do same on this one!!

Oil Separator will be installed too!!

Key Pad and Side Markers probably not??

Quick Jack will likely be next but BOY have their prices gone up....YIKES!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks guys.......looking forward to seeing it in person sometime in August.......NOW THE WAIT BEGINS!!o_O

My hip replacement was amazingly easy CobraBob.......the robotic surgery was minimally invasive and no formal therapy afterwards.......just SIX WEEKS on the damn walker.....UGH!!:(

At my 6 week post op appointment my surgeon released me with no restrictions.......WOW......have a look where the walker ended up!!;) This photo is on the wall at my Surgeon's office........they loved it!!:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1751626
Minimally invasive robotic surgery. THAT is interesting. I'm going to have to look into that.

Users who are viewing this thread