I just got my ass handed to me.

Steeda1

Established Member
I just raced a mach 1 with full O/R exhaust, NX 100 shot, and tune.

Like it says above I just got my ass handed to me! :cuss:

This makes me So mad! Not because I lost but because I know that I will now be getting some new mods :-D

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
that guy has 30 or 40 rwhp on you, dont worry. Get a pulley and CUSTOM tune, and check out his headlights.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Good death, but a better description would have been appreciated. Road Kill time...Where is 03DOHC? :)

Steeda1

Established Member
Better description: We went from a stand still w/no spray on his part...he hung in there better than i thought he would, however I pretty much just drove away from him. We went again w/no spray from about 25mph. Same results. Now the sad part. From a stand still (w/spray) the first second or two we stayed even...then I had to check to see if my car was running because he started getting further and further away. We went again from about 25 and I didn't get beat as bad but he still made me look stupid.:nonono:

bones

Established Member
Keep racing him. With a 100 shot on 10:1 compression you'll beat him real soon.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
bones, your post makes no sense. unless you mean he will run out of spray, your post is untrue.

nitrous is just as safe as that big hunk of metal sitting on top of your engine as long as its tuned right.

imswheel

Quality SVT Poster
Established Member
at least it was a FORD!

2 days ago had a yellow Supra with a "economy" size rear wing
come up at a light. As he down shifted I heard the turbos pop off.
(I think thats a cool sound when the waste gates go "POP"). The light turned green and he was gone....... I mean he was 4 car lengths ahead before I was out of 1st, by 4th he was more than 10 ahead and already on the brakes.

I was smoked, spanked, owned, beatdown, slapped,...........

We stopped up the road and talked a little, his ride was very hightech and of the highest quality. He was pretty cool as well.

If you are going to get killed it might as well be total!

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Ah yes..the wonders of nitrous......you should feel how just a small 35 shot on our Cobra's feels!

Atleast it was a fellow Stang that showed you the nitrous way!

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Re: at least it was a FORD!

Originally posted by imswheel
2 days ago had a yellow Supra with a "economy" size rear wing
come up at a light. As he down shifted I heard the turbos pop off.
(I think thats a cool sound when the waste gates go "POP").

When you say you heard 'the turbos pop off', I'm assuming you mean the blow off valve? You typically won't hear the wastegate open up unless he's moving and getting on the throttle a bit.

Last edited:

Purerock105

Established Member
It's takes...something to announce "I got smoked":beer:

Most people would not tell. :rollseyes

How much power are you laying down currently? I'm somewhat
new and a little vague on the tuner-stang versions.

:)

1CEBITN

Blue by you!
Established Member
Originally posted by quadcammer
nitrous is just as safe as that big hunk of metal sitting on top of your engine as long as its tuned right.

Now that is something that is untrue. The tune is only a part of the overall picture. It is important but it won't keep the engine together.

The Mach is not forged, has weak pistons and rods, an aluminum block, higher compression, etc than the 03 Cobra he is running... All which will equal a big BOOM for the Mach eventually, regardless of the tune. The 03's engine can handle more abuse and will withstand the boost, and much more of it, than the Mach or any pre-2001 Cobra will.

Keep in mind that a tune is typically done in a controlled environment on a dyno. In the real world, the car will see a wide variety of temperatures, humidity, barometric pressure changes, loads, gas quality, etc... All of that can make any "conservative tune" not as conservative as you thought.

imswheel

Quality SVT Poster
Established Member
hey Purerock105,

In race mode I have 445/460 plus another 125ish with propane/nitrous.

In street mode I have 430/408 but get 3 more mpg and can run average quality pump gas.

In valet mode I have 250/250 and the traction control can not be turned off.

I was in the race mode but did not have the spray on. I am certian that I would still have been spanked, just not as bad.

hmmmmmmmmm, more mods, that sounds good......very good!

raiders03

Banned
quadcammer
"nitrous is just as safe as that big hunk of metal sitting on top of your engine as long as its tuned right."

Are you on crack?

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Re: hey Purerock105,

Originally posted by imswheel
In race mode I have 445/460 plus another 125ish with propane/nitrous.

In street mode I have 430/408 but get 3 more mpg and can run average quality pump gas.

In valet mode I have 250/250 and the traction control can not be turned off.

I was in the race mode but did not have the spray on. I am certian that I would still have been spanked, just not as bad.

hmmmmmmmmm, more mods, that sounds good......very good!

How do you adjust the settings so in a supercharged car? Do you limit the RPM's or something? Are you swapping pulleys as you go to the track? Do you remove the S/C belt when in valet mode?

Users who are viewing this thread