I just bought a Laguna Seca, thinking about exhaust

Rusty67

Established Member
I haven't even got the car yet. It is being shipped from GA to CA. Already I'm thinking about puting on a fully custom built mandrel bent exhaust.

What do you guys think ?

Rusty67

Established Member
Also a GREAT question.

If I was going to do it, I would unbolt the stock exahust completely and not cut any of it. I would have a completely new exhaust system build and I would be able to return to stock fairly easily.

Why do it.... because I can ? Because I can get more power ? Because I can't leave well enough alone ?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
If I just bought a Laguna Seca, the first thing I would buy would be a set of wheels :lol1:

The Boss is truly one of the best sounding cars (stock) ever built. I'd start with adjusting the stock side exhaust baffles to 1/2-3/4inch, and a catback. Here's what mine sounded like with a 1/2inch hole + magnaflow catback.....

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1j5Y9U38M"]2012 Boss 302 at the drag strip - YouTube[/nomedia]

I now have American Racing long tube headers and it sounds completely different. I'm really enjoying the extra power from the lt's but I do miss my sidepipes. However, she does sound nasty with a full exhaust :rockon:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAygvrokXcw"]Boss 302 with long tube headers and magnaflow catback in-cabin video - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Rusty67

Established Member
Also, my LS will be in the garage 99% of the time. It will be track only. I can't afford the insurance to drive the thing every day... 3 speeding tickets on record right now... it sux.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
I would do it!!!! I have done it!!!!

The LS sounds too tame for me from stock with the baffle completely out, so I added a Bassani Axle back kit and in spring I will go LT's and high flow cats from Kooks.

You will love this CAR! Best car I have ever driven!

Mike

RTD

Established Member
Here you go and Cooltech is in your backyard.

2012+ Boss 302 Complete Exhaust System

This.

The Kooks Headers/H-Pipe/Axleback is specifically designed for the Boss and let's you keep (or delete) the side exits.

The Steeda CAI is also Boss-specific, as is the Steeda tune that optionally comes with it.

As time goes on, I think you'll see more and more stuff come out that is Boss-specific and not just a GT part that can be made to work with it.

Hopefully soon someone cracks Track Key so you can keep the two-step and all the other changed parameters while still boosting HP and allowing for other mods.

Rusty67

Established Member
Ya, I'm going to wait on tuning it until someone gets the 2 key tune figured out.

I think I'll just have a set of custom headers made and then have a fully custom exhaust made. I'm not really too impressed with the setup I saw in the link.

Users who are viewing this thread