I Hit 85,000 Miles on my 2003 Cobra

03CobraEG

Established Member
On autotrader i saw a silver 03 cobra with 150,000 miles and owner said had new rebuilt motor and tranny, just go on autotrader and search 03-04 cobra, (any distance), they wanted $17,000 for it, saw this bout a week or 2 ago.

SVT04

Established Member
I didn't really read through the whole thread ,but is it possible that he has oil sucked into the intake from running in boost mode :) ? I know that some guys have seen smoke on start-up related to oil being where it shouldn't be.....that's why the oil seperators are being used right ?

vipergts281

Established Member
SVT04 said:
I didn't really read through the whole thread ,but is it possible that he has oil sucked into the intake from running in boost mode :) ? I know that some guys have seen smoke on start-up related to oil being where it shouldn't be.....that's why the oil seperators are being used right ?
I was wondering that as well. I meant to check that, but never got around to it yet.

Where EXACTLY should I be looking for the oil? Just remove the intake and look in there??

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
vipergts281 said:
I was wondering that as well. I meant to check that, but never got around to it yet.

Where EXACTLY should I be looking for the oil? Just remove the intake and look in there??

you'd have to remove the blower and clean inside the lower intake and intercooler. mine had a decent amount of oil @ 24k which is when i did the ported blower swap. mine wasnt smoking or anything but there was enough oil in there to make me add a seperator.

Frank

vipergts281

Established Member
Fdawg97lx said:
you'd have to remove the blower and clean inside the lower intake and intercooler. mine had a decent amount of oil @ 24k which is when i did the ported blower swap. mine wasnt smoking or anything but there was enough oil in there to make me add a seperator.

Frank
Crap, not in the mood to do that, lol. May be a good time to slap a ported one on there. I have a spare Eaton sitting at my house. :read:

Thanks. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread