I have a question regarding threatening someone

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
So what can the police do regarding threats? I do some work in some pretty rough areas of Baton Rouge, La on occasion. Today we were in a neighborhood and needed to do some work on a lot that had cars parked on it.

One of the cars was one that was there the last time we worked there and the person that came out and asked if it needed to be moved was told it would be towed if the owner of the lot saw it there.

Long story short, I was asked to get the plates off the cars today and even though these people saw us pull up and new what we were there for, they didn't budge until they saw what I was doing. They of course proceed to come over in a group and threaten us (me and a 140 lb 18 year old kid) to the point where I felt it was necessary to call the cops.

The cops questioned them and take my info and that's about it. So is there something I can do to follow up? Can I file some type of complaint? Do one of us need to get physicaly assulted, shot, kidnapped or murdered before they will take any action?

I will probably have to go back there every two weeks until next April when it will be every 10 days that I have to go over there.

To make things clear from my perspective, I just want to know what is normally done under those circumstances.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Follow up with the department that took the report and see what their investigation yielded. You need to protect yourself. Do you think catching a charge for what they did is going to deter them if you should back up?

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Here's some solid advice next time you find yourself in this situation.

Instead of saying "this will make a great thread in the Donut Shop on svtp"

just ask the officer that responded and took the information. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread