• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

I got everything except suspension mods!!

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by Zims-mustang, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Zims-mustang

Zims-mustang New Member Established Member

So I am currently having a pulley and a custom tune to my 11 gt500 and it looks like the next thing I need now is some suspension mods and tires so I can hold on to traction!! I need some advice and help and what I should be looking to get.... I was looking to get bmr relocation brackets and bobs lca. Should I be looking at anything else? Also which tires should I be looking into for my 19" wheels

2. barspen

barspen Active Member Established Member

The LCAs and adjustable panhard bar made a world of difference in ride quality and would be my two choices to start. They are a pretty low-cost upgrades and strait forward to install. Next on the list is the UCA and adjustable stock\struts.

As far as tires, depends on what you use the car for...DD, track, weekend, etc and how much you want to spend. I love my Conti for DD and 1-2 track days a year. There are better options if you plan track more.

3. Van@RevanRacing

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

I have a package that I have been doing for a lot GT500's. Including my own 2013.

Adjustable Upper Control Arm
    Control Arm Mount
    Adjustable Panhard Bar
    Panhard Support Rod
    LCA's (Fixed or Adjustable)
    LCA Relocation Brackets
    Lowering Springs

If you would like to give me call I can explain what these modifications do and how they improve instant center, anti-squat geometry etc.

Van

4. BilletProShop

BilletProShop Active Member Established Member

get some 305-35-19 M/T Drag radials, best dual purpose 19 inch tire hands down
    like Van said
    good set of lowering springs
    Upper control arm and support
    Lower control arms
    relocation brackets and adj. panhard bar and support rod is what you are looking for

5. Zims-mustang

Zims-mustang New Member Established Member

Thank you for all the information this will be very helpful, for tires I am just looking for something that will stick very nicely at 560whp and wont give a harsh ride. Will the M/T fit on my stock 19" wheel?

6. BilletProShop

BilletProShop Active Member Established Member

they fit without any issues

7. MDShelby

MDShelby Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Listen to Van. Exactly what I did and I am very pleased with the improvement of traction and handling. My own experience for tires are Michelin PSS's. Grip, quiet and good ride. I am on 20's, not 19's. Good luck!