I feel every drag race should be this exciting...

94_Vert

Established Member
Yea, he was here in columbus last year. Pretty cool, although you can't really appreciate unless you see them in person.

The noise and pressure you feel every time they flick on the afterburners is unreal.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Yea, he was here in columbus last year. Pretty cool, although you can't really appreciate unless you see them in person.

The noise and pressure you feel every time they flick on the afterburners is unreal.

+1, videos don't do them justice. Very cool to experience it in person.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I saw Shockwave as a kid, at a local airshow. He raced a Blue Angel if I remember correctly. He also sorta of set a corn field on fire. Opps. :)

ThomasL

Established Member
They should roll out a pair of smart cars to set behind the trucks. 'Merica :coolman:

oldmodman

Established Member
I loved going to the all jet drags when they ran at OCIR (before some goddamn developer turned it into a shopping center).

I was taking photos for National Dragster back then and I could stand so close I would almost get blown over.

numbnutz

Established Member
There wasn't a single mosquito to been seen in the whole state of Michigan that night!

That is insane.:rockon:

mp23

Established Member
Those and Nitro powered cars are something that you actually have to see to believe. If anyone on here has never been to a NHRA event with the nitro cars or jet cars you absolutely have to go. The noise has to be heard to be believed and yes the ground actually does shake. They make you realize how slow you actually are.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
That is a brilliant idea! Pure genius! If you worked for me, you would have just got a 100% raise in pay, just for that idea.

They should roll out a pair of smart cars to set behind the trucks. 'Merica :coolman:

Thehubster

Established Member
those are my favorite vehicles ever!! it was as though you could just feel them burning a hole in the ozone!!! haha awesome video.

Blown 89

Established Member
HaHa. That was awesome. The only thing missing was a flyover at the end

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree that being there in person is mind blowing. As much as I love the adrenalin rush of watching nitro F/Cs, THIS is even more mind blowing. JMO. What a great buildup to the actual run. Loved it. Bump up the volume if you have a good set of computer speakers. I did. It was awesome!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I've felt that power from a top fuel from the top of the bleachers so that TF has some "force" to make my heart pump faster at the very top of the bleachers. Is the jet engine that much more powerful?

Users who are viewing this thread