i f****** hate afghanistan

havok209

US Army
Established Member
It's crazy how often females call it quits due to deployments. Happened to me my first time over here. But had I not been divorcing my previous dependent(not even worth calling my spouse) I never would have met my current wife who's just plain BADASS. We met on the way back home, at Manas AFB. She was also deployed and also an E6 so she's damn well aware of what Military life means. What I went through previouisly sucked big time but it had to happen in order for me to meet my wife and I definitely learned some very valuable lessons. Everything happens for a reason OP, just keep your eyes open and learn from everything you can.

Whoever's at KAF, I should be there in about a month. Let's hit up some Green Beans and talk Mustangs! haha

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I always hated going up to Phoenix and refused to go to Bagram. I was at Gardez (Camp Lightning), it sucked at the time but looking back was ****ing awesome. I had the chance to make a big difference to that FOB.

cloned

Established Member
Was in rc north and loved it its what you make it it had its shitty time but when you get bored steal tops gator and take a joyride that's what we did and it was worth every min of front back go also my ex whore did the same shit but as soon as I felt funny I changed everything killed poa and got a new bank account you need to protect yourself if she has any accessibility to your money and well anything else that's yours. But more importantly keep your head on a swivel

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Ya'll need to get a better class of girlfriends. Mine stuck with me for eight years in iraq and me only coming home once a year. I am in the process of getting out to Afghanistan now. I plan to stay one or two years at least. I have heard it is a lot worse than Iraq was lol. But you can do anything for a year at a time.

Op - keep in mind that if she is causing you problems now you need to start thinking if you really want to stay with that when you get back. My feelings is "if you don't want to be here without the damn drama, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out"

True... I'll go one better. My wife was not near the hottest woman I dated and most hot chicks I dated were mentally unstable. Think about it...All that attention? I dated smokin hot women, and I settled down with an average one that could screw the daylights outta me. Good compromise and undying loyalty. Trust me, that is the way to go and no regrets. Loyalty is indeed very hard to find in this day and age.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Damn fellas I don't know what you guys are going through but you have my best wishes.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
KAF was a blast back in 07-08. Many many women to enjoy. Tim Horton's use to be the spot on the boardwalk. Even had a massage parlor by the green beans behind the TLS building. Chicks gave happy endings and with the right conversation would bring friends the next day to really party. Jalabad was a different story. Lived up to its name

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
sometimes people leave you only for you to find someone better keep your head up. Never been to afghan only Iraq and the Enterprise. Still I feel for you.

Ny50nv

SVT Rook
Man I understand. This is my third trip to Afghanistan. I am currently in Zabul RC(S). I miss good ole Iraq. Hang in there. This military life has helped me find two wives and divorces so things can only get better.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Man I understand. This is my third trip to Afghanistan. I am currently in Zabul RC(S). I miss good ole Iraq. Hang in there. This military life has helped me find two wives and divorces so things can only get better.

I'll be headed that way soon, finishing up our pre-mob shit then off to apache for RC.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
C'mon, it's not that bad!

JK

I was in RC EAST Khost

Fun times, especially having to pack up and move right towards the end...

Remember your pcc's and pci's, don't get complacent, forget the woman (easier said than done, i know been there) and get home brotha!

Last edited:

88SvTSnake

98 SVT Transplant
Established Member
Hang in there Bro, I did 18 Months as a MP in Baghdad, Fallujah, etc.... When you start feeling bad just start throwing M60's out of the HumV!!!!!!!!!! Come home safe Brother!!!!!!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Jalalabad is not nearly as bad as it has been made out to be LOL! .. altho they recently quit serving breakfast and midnight chow in the chow hall.

cobra_mer

Established Member
You and 100K other soldiers there, place is the asshole of earth. Do what you have to do to stay safe though. :beer:

I was right up the road from you in Baraki Barak, shit hole too. Get ready for a very long and cold winter. Enjoy it though, the fighting slows down.

Funny you guys say asshole and shithole considering Afghanistan has the highest concentration of human raemains and fecal matter in the soil of any country in the world....

Users who are viewing this thread