i f****** hate afghanistan

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Ya'll need to get a better class of girlfriends. Mine stuck with me for eight years in iraq and me only coming home once a year. I am in the process of getting out to Afghanistan now. I plan to stay one or two years at least. I have heard it is a lot worse than Iraq was lol. But you can do anything for a year at a time.

Op - keep in mind that if she is causing you problems now you need to start thinking if you really want to stay with that when you get back. My feelings is "if you don't want to be here without the damn drama, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out"

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Ya'll need to get a better class of girlfriends. Mine stuck with me for eight years in iraq and me only coming home once a year. I am in the process of getting out to Afghanistan now. I plan to stay one or two years at least. I have heard it is a lot worse than Iraq was lol. But you can do anything for a year at a time.

Op - keep in mind that if she is causing you problems now you need to start thinking if you really want to stay with that when you get back. My feelings is "if you don't want to be here without the damn drama, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out"

Loyalty seems to be a hard to come by these days. But I do agree that if she isn't willing to go through the suck with you...
22116076.jpg

P.S. Keep your head up...or down depending on the circumstances and come home safe :beer:

Last edited:

Zacharyx

Established Member
I am down in RC(S) an dI enjoyed the 5 trips to Iraq much more that this trip. The Afghan army seems to be decades behind even Iraq makes helping them suck so bad

Fuerza

Established Member
I was right up the road from you in Baraki Barak, shit hole too. Get ready for a very long and cold winter. Enjoy it though, the fighting slows down.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
RDJ are you Military or a private contractor?
. Private contractor. I do IT stuff. am going back as help desk although if I get my CCNA while I am out there will be a network admin at some point.

Last edited:

svt_nick69

Established Member
One soldier to another. keep your head up and stay focused man. I did my time with Iraq and never had to go to Afghanistan.

Whats your address? ill send you some stuff

Nick Cowles
Bco TF 2-16
COP BANDE SARDE
APO AE 09311

thx man, appriciate it :beer:

AlanSVT

Established Member
Been to Afghanistan a few times. The whole country is screwed up. It will be over sooner then you think.

Also, I recommend sending your address via Email or PM. Pretty sure that is a OPSEC concern.

Zacharyx

Established Member
. Private contractor. I do IT stuff. am going back as help desk although if I get my CCNA while I am out there will be a network admin at some point.

I waste my CCNA :shrug:, I am doing the mentor thing

03cobraracer

Established Member
Yep a deployment is a great test of a woman's true loyalty and patience.
Working in military law enforcement you see the worst and slimiest of relationships with cheating spouses and GFs.
:beer: To all the servicemen who came back from a deployment to face heartbreak and stuff packed in storage. Lessons in life! Your not alone.

you got that right! im a MP in germany and i really see alot of uglyness on the homefront with the guys downrange, and when they get back forget it, domestics, assaults, alcohol/drug problems, its crazy, and i get to deal with all of it! but keep your head up OP and finish it out and get your ass home.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Yep this place sucks alright. I never thought I would miss Iraq until I came here. I am currently in RC(W) myself. If anybody is in Shindand hit me up and we can hang out! It's pretty boring here

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Also RDJ, how do you plan on taking your CCNA while out here? Taking the test when you go home on leave or something? Sorry to thread jack...keep your head up OP it'll be over before you know it

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Also RDJ, how do you plan on taking your CCNA while out here? Taking the test when you go home on leave or something? Sorry to thread jack...keep your head up OP it'll be over before you know it
. Iirc they have a testing center on baghram so I can go there. Company will get me to the closest testing center when I am ready.

I go for my medical processing on Monday.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
OK cool. Next time I come over here I'd prefer it to be as a contractor. There's no way my unit would send me to Bagram to take my CCNA test. I was studying for it before this deployment kicked off back in May. I didn't have enough time to take the certification test though : /

Reno Five-O

Established Member
Did 15 months in Iraq in the Triangle back in 07. 12 months in Afghanland in RC East Khost (Khowst) back in 2010. Ex wife told me she wanted a divorce right after one of my soldiers and good friends were killed in a firefight. I was more worried about my fireteam than someone back in the states who couldn't pull their head out of their ass. Life goes on Im home now and almost out of the Army and have found the most wonderful and supportive partner. Sometimes people don't have a choice whether they leave you in this life or not and sometimes people do. I try not to make a big deal out of the ones who choose to leave.

Tacky03

Established Member
Iraq is damn civilized compared to Afghanistan. Those two countries are light years apart and there is no way they will be ready to stand on their own two feet by 2014. Stay safe over there, and get home soon.

steeltoe

Established Member
Atleast you ****s aren't stuck on a boat for 8 months.

I'd give my left nut to have more than three feet of walking space.

Stay safe brotha man.

I'd rather be on the boat. I miss the flight deck of an aircraft carrier.

Girl I was dating before I left for an Antarctica flipped shit stopped talking to me before I came down here because she didn't like that I was leaving............. for 6 months.

Last edited:

stangliter04

Established Member
I'm on KAF but our boss has really spent some money to make our compound a pretty nice place to stay. This beats my Navy deployments by far... or maybe its just being a civilian compared to military life.

Users who are viewing this thread