I drifted the cobra today.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
let me first off say it wasn't 100% intentional.
Ive been learning to drift from a friend who has a s15 Nissan Silvia (usually at a large open parking lot at his fathers work) and on my way home for lunch today form work i passed another 99/01 cobra (white vert) and i decided to give a little rev as i flew by. well i was going for a down shift when the light i was stopping for changed to green well i popped the clutch on accident(its going out so its kinda sticky :shrug: ) and bam next thing i know I'm completely sideways and I'm in a perfect drift. i was so please with myself at the next turn i had to do it again. and i was around 60 mph coming to a 6 lane turn (3 lanes each side) and then i popped the clutch (this time on purpose) and i was sideways aging. and i remembered what my friend was teaching me and to feather the throttle and not rev max it to burn out well i was doing everything perfectly (i think) cause when i looked back all i saw was a huge cloud of smoke behind me and everybody who was fallowing me slowed down to see.

Well i just had to say that. i was having a really crappy day till then and now everything is getting better. :rockon: :thumbsup: :beer:

Last edited:

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
HOW is DRIFTING rice? the US won the d1 drift circut, with a mustang. all it is is power sliding. thats it. nothing rice about it, how am i a ricer because i got my car sideways. yea shut up! lol

i also noticed you have a honda (now that is RICE)

Burnt Rice

Established Member
Whats so rice about it? Just cause theirs alot of rice in it dont mean shit.

Sounds like u were having fun!! Ive been wanting to do some drifting, but ill stick to a track.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
congrats, way to put others' lives in danger with your stupidity. keep the drifting to empty parking lots. its one thing to do it on accident, but to repeat it on a public road makes you an idiot.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
FBMphil said:
You're a god damn idiot.
are you refering to me or the last poster?

im glad there are people out there that dont like it. thats the whole reason i do it. to piss people off. lol

03CobraDude

You don't know if there were other people around... you don't know how far away the others were from him when he drifted... Don't come pissing on peoples parties... if you're going to do that, take your head out of your ass. Just congratulate the guy on doing something you probably can't.. jealous ****.

urwtdrm

Blowned
Established Member
Im guessing you're 17? If you crash and kill someone how cool would that be. People were not slow down to watch you, they staying away from you because they thought you would be wrecking shortly.

I Eat Rice

Established Member
You people don't have enough knowledge to pass judgement like that upon the poster. For all you know it could have been on a 6 lane divided interstate with walls on both sides (no people, no pets, no parked cars) and no cars relatively near him. Now who is he puting in danger now?

I do not agree with drifting on public roads, but it is making yourself look like a complete tool when you try to flame someone for something you know nothing about.

03CobraDude

I Eat Rice said:
You people don't have enough knowledge to pass judgement like that upon the poster. For all you know it could have been on a 6 lane divided interstate with walls on both sides (no people, no pets, no parked cars) and no cars relatively near him. Now who is he puting in danger now?

I do not agree with drifting on public roads, but it is making yourself look like a complete tool when you try to flame someone for something you know nothing about.

+1... if there's no one else around, and he wants to risk his own life... let him. How the hell is it going to affect you. You're not the one getting hurt, so why do you care? I give 2 thumbs up for him for doing something half the people on here are probably too scared to do, but won't admit it.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
everyone wonders why car insurance is so high for males under the age of 25.....its because of idiots like the original poster. drifting a car on a public road and commenting on how others behind you slowed down to watch is pure stupidity.

as stated before, they were certainly not slowing down in awe of your driving skills, they were slowing down because they thought you were going to run your car off the road, and/or into them.

i can't even believe other people here are agreeing with what this jackass did. also, i've gone through several clutches on my previous mustangs and they never get "sticky" the way you are describing, so maybe you just dont know what the f*ck you're talking about??

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I Eat Rice said:

I would love to see a 6 lane interstate that enables you too drift. Please post pics buddy. Im pretty sure the guy did it on a public road. And to the guy who did the dangerous act i only have one thing to say, Your a crazy bastard! Make sure you get that shit on film so i can see that shit. I did that one time in my brothers 5.0 back in the day. Take care bub

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
urwtdrm said:
Im guessing you're 17? If you crash and kill someone how cool would that be. People were not slow down to watch you, they staying away from you because they thought you would be wrecking shortly.

17? Man, I was thinking 12...

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
03silversvt said:
I would love to see a 6 lane interstate that enables you too drift. Please post pics buddy. Im pretty sure the guy did it on a public road. And to the guy who did the dangerous act i only have one thing to say, Your a crazy bastard! Make sure you get that shit on film so i can see that shit. I did that one time in my brothers 5.0 back in the day. Take care bub
will do, its a road they built a few years ago to anticipate the new homes that are being built in the area (they will start selling the homes next year) so its rare for me to see anyone on that road.

I plan on going back to the corner with the video camera this weekend. during day time. the only prob about the thing is there is an islan seperating the lanes of traffic. so if i mess up im goign to have a bump on the head from jumping the curb(about 2-3 inch high only, no plants or anything.)

as far as the comments saying im a carzy bastered and its not safe. YOUR 100% right, its not. and there were people (1 or 2 cars about 600 ft back :nono: :nonono: ) one lady, she knew that i was going to fast for the corner so she had an idea about what was going to happen. she later complimented me at the next light. :beer:

i dont do that kind of stuff often, if ever. becasue i find it messed with my tires too much. ill show you what it did to my current tires.

ill post pixs up asap, and video sometime this weekend i hope.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
stick to the empty parking lots. you'll avoid other cars, curb jumps, etc.

ID3Racing

SVT FTW!
Established Member
Im 20 FYI. and i know what can happen.

and just to piss peopel off, i will go back and get video of it.

check back for an update.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
here comes another thread tomorrow "i hit a curb last night at 60mph...."

Users who are viewing this thread