I don't get the mindset

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I used to correct/argue with people like this, but anymore I don’t even bother.

582ABB5E-936F-4040-BA81-5BFE4247C121.jpeg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lol, go to a road course and you'll find all of the world's compulsive liars. It's shocking how many lie about lap times. I'd say more lie than tell the truth.

Lmao. You brought memories to maybe the most annoying person I've ever met. I'll try to keep this short but it's almost impossible with how much we dealt with this guy in one day. I'll try to paint the picture, this was like 4 years ago so the wording probably isn't verbatim but the overall is spot on.

We were running advanced group in DE at this point, and had hit most of the track days that year and the year prior. Guy shows up, HUGE talker, the biggest I've ever seen. It was his home track, he was there all the time, he was comp licensed (why are you in DE?), his C6 (supercharged GS) had 850 hp (maybe? It seemed like a 600hp car), his best lap time was 6 seconds faster than the TTU record, talks over you regardless if he is included, etc, etc. We had never seen this guy/his car, nor have we seen him again.

He took a liking to my buddy who is in a mostly stock 6th gen SS. He opts to "help out" by motoring in front of him on the straights, and shows him the line in the technical sections and held him up. My buddy ran 2:01-2:04s (which is very respectable) depending on weather at this track, it was a cool day so everything was quick and because the dude held him up, he was chugging along at 2:06s. After the session the guy comes by, grabs him and says "congrats on your first sub 2 minute lap." My buddy said "uhh, my lap timer says I was running 2:06s, you were holding me up." Dude replies, "your timer is wrong, I was running 1:58s and you were on me the whole time." So we asked which lap timer he was using and if he had a stand alone GPS.. He has never used a lap timer, he races this track so much he "knows" when he is doing 1:58s. FFS

blk02edge

Established Member
Lmao. You brought memories to maybe the most annoying person I've ever met. I'll try to keep this short but it's almost impossible with how much we dealt with this guy in one day. I'll try to paint the picture, this was like 4 years ago so the wording probably isn't verbatim but the overall is spot on.

We were running advanced group in DE at this point, and had hit most of the track days that year and the year prior. Guy shows up, HUGE talker, the biggest I've ever seen. It was his home track, he was there all the time, he was comp licensed (why are you in DE?), his C6 (supercharged GS) had 850 hp (maybe? It seemed like a 600hp car), his best lap time was 6 seconds faster than the TTU record, talks over you regardless if he is included, etc, etc. We had never seen this guy/his car, nor have we seen him again.

He took a liking to my buddy who is in a mostly stock 6th gen SS. He opts to "help out" by motoring in front of him on the straights, and shows him the line in the technical sections and held him up. My buddy ran 2:01-2:04s (which is very respectable) depending on weather at this track, it was a cool day so everything was quick and because the dude held him up, he was chugging along at 2:06s. After the session the guy comes by, grabs him and says "congrats on your first sub 2 minute lap." My buddy said "uhh, my lap timer says I was running 2:06s, you were holding me up." Dude replies, "your timer is wrong, I was running 1:58s and you were on me the whole time." So we asked which lap timer he was using and if he had a stand alone GPS.. He has never used a lap timer, he races this track so much he "knows" when he is doing 1:58s. FFS
Lol sounds about right. I hear that line all the time. Funny how data always gets lost somehow.

The worst for me right now is I'm coaching guys in open wheel, doing lead follows, since there's no ride alongs obviously I have to explain what to do, like going flat through corners they just aren't used to coming close to doing, I always seem to get lip back saying "I did exactly that!" Well no... You didn't because we were still a solid 20 damn seconds off pace...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Im pretty dissapointed that you didnt try to sell him a 3/4 race cam...

Yall want liars and one uppers?

Tournament fish for a week or two...jesus its bad

Funny a few weeks ago...my buddy and i usually dont weigh in unless we have a legit shot to cash a check...well two weeks ago was the first time we weighed fish all year lol ( its been a struggle for us year)
A couple guys said "aw shit...yall killed it tonight since you never weigh in" lol we got 2nd 6 ounces out of first lol

We won 3 or 4 times last year...havnt done shit this year

Last edited:

MFE

Established Member
Lol, go to a road course and you'll find all of the world's compulsive liars. It's shocking how many lie about lap times. I'd say more lie than tell the truth.

I don't see that except for maybe before they turn a lap on that track. After that, the cameras and lap timers from neighboring cars don't lie.

Users who are viewing this thread