i do have a question on the turbo coupe birds.....

Razzys Wagon

Established Member
since they came with the same motor as the SVO mustang from ford, wouldnt they be considered a SVO vehicle also?
they are/were limited production with the same drive train as the SVO mustangs.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
NO, not at all. Probably not even the -same- motor.

Ironically, my 6-pot T-bird was badged "SVO" when I bought it, and the markings look very real (see my build thread), however, there was NEVER an SVO Thunderbird.

Razzys Wagon

Established Member
It has the exact same motor except the bird had the better intercooler, and I do know there never was a SVO bird, but I would think with it having the same drivetrains and being of limited production they should have worn the SVO badges as well as the supercouple birds should.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Well SVO use to stand for "special vehicle operations". Then SVT "special vehicle team" THEN..... SVE :lol1: (Special Vehicle Engineering). God only knows what they call it now.

The "SV....x" team was/is responsible for "special engineering" experimental type vehicles, meant to push tech boundaries. While the SC's and TC's are amazing vehicles for sure, they did not fit in the ultra 'elite' group as Ford considers it. Hey, it'd be in MY best interest too if my T-bird was a LEGIT SVO.... it would be 1 of 1... talk about valuable, LOL....:D

Users who are viewing this thread