I did it again...

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
So, I'm a glutton for punishment. Nearing the end of my wife's 99 cobra rebuild, and I decided I needed another project to dump unnecessary amounts of money into... Well, enter this lackluster 97!

Long story short, guy was going to 5.0 coyote swap it, and fell short of time/money. Never got past the teardown stage. Thankfully for me, he pulled it apart the correct way and didn't damage anything. The engine was disassembled due to mechanical failure, so I'll need to source something for it. Will also be starting a YouTube channel with this thing starring in it. We shall see how things go. View attachment 1696240View attachment 1696241View attachment 1696239View attachment 1696242
IMG_20210327_191536_473.jpeg
IMG_20210327_191536_495.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

96dreamer

Established Member
I saw that one for sale. If I had more room I would have picked it up for a fun project. Care to share what it ended up taking to make a deal happen?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice find. Should be a good project for you. By the way, is the engine yet to go into your wife's white Cobra? I ask due to how high the front end is sitting.

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
Nice find. Should be a good project for you. By the way, is the engine yet to go into your wife's white Cobra? I ask due to how high the front end is sitting.
Wife has a red 99 cobra not pictured. This white 97 is mine for now. Trying to decide which way to go for an engine.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It's got a head bolt broke in it though. Idk if it's worth trying to fix

That happened to a friend of mine, broke an ARP headstud off pretty far down in the block. He got it out with a cheapo left hand drill bit from Lowes. To me, it would be worth a few dollars to at least try it...

_Lariat

_lariat on insta
Established Member
That happened to a friend of mine, broke an ARP headstud off pretty far down in the block. He got it out with a cheapo left hand drill bit from Lowes. To me, it would be worth a few dollars to at least try it...
Short block from a mach will be in today for it. I may mess with it after I get the engine put together. The block was in a damp garage and got rust on the bores. I may turn it into a table or something.

Users who are viewing this thread