I did a thing... Dodge Content..

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Now, get rid of those yellow spoiler protectors.

Tree'd me.

I'm actually surprised. Now, it isn't as nimble as the S550 I had, but it definitely feels more planted than my old 2014 GT500. The interior is like sitting inside of an Audi or Mercedes with all the options. Everything is wrapped in leather or soft touch materials. Fit and finish is ridiculously good so far. Not one single rattle or noise. It is actually disturbing because that is something I have come to expect from a muscle car. I haven't ran it too hard yet, but it will move out, that is for sure. The SRT performance drive modes, etc are something I can't wait to fool around with. By far, this is the most solid 2+2 I have had to date, so far.

Mopar interiors BLOW Ford away these days. It's not even close.

Add in the fact that you spend all of your time "inside" the car when driving, and it's kind of a no-brainer how important a quality interior is.

Your new car is VERY nice. That trans is awesome. I'd tune it on e85, do some mild bolt-ons and enjoy a deep 11 sec car that is super comfortable to cruise.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
So, the important question which I didn’t see asked…

What are the plans because we know it cannot stay stock.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hissman you should be able to email SRT or Dodgecares and find how many like yours. From what I’ve seen from some Hellcat guys they’ll break it down in an email from your vid.
My Trackhawk was built 11/28 so I’m also trying to figure out how late in the run this one was. Started down line the Sunday after thanksgiving at noon. :)
-J

Recon

Established Member
Nice. I like the T/A’s but I’m biased. Color looks excellent on the car. Enjoy it!

Pick your poison.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
A T/A with the widebody package would have been killer. Not sure if they make it. Get some Trans-Am style wheels (mini-lite knock offs, etc.), side exhaust, and go as retro as possible.

Heck no. I am keeping it as is in the looks department. These forged wheels look even better in person.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Hissman you should be able to email SRT or Dodgecares and find how many like yours. From what I’ve seen from some Hellcat guys they’ll break it down in an email from your vid.
My Trackhawk was built 11/28 so I’m also trying to figure out how late in the run this one was. Started down line the Sunday after thanksgiving at noon. :)
-J

I did just that. They said it would be mid-late March before they have everything updated. Thanks!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
While I love the Hellcat for the power/tuning ability the T/A and the Shaker 392s hold a special place in my heart lol.

Killer color combo

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Gotta give it to Mopar, in terms of uniqueness…. They give the customer more options where you might be able to option it in a way that makes it’s limited compared to a dealer order where they’re ordering popular (cookie cutter) trim /options they know will sell. Even Chevys camaro / Vette has alot of “add ins” seems ford only gives you a few boxes to check or not. Sorta limited and makes everything aftermarket to get the uniqueness.

My94GT

Established Member
Looks damn nice! If I didn’t use my truck regularly I’d like have a charger scat pack or hell cat but the ram is damn nice for a truck still.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gotta give it to Mopar, in terms of uniqueness…. They give the customer more options where you might be able to option it in a way that makes it’s limited compared to a dealer order where they’re ordering popular (cookie cutter) trim /options they know will sell. Even Chevys camaro / Vette has alot of “add ins” seems ford only gives you a few boxes to check or not. Sorta limited and makes everything aftermarket to get the uniqueness.
GOOD points. Dodge gives the buyer a multitude of performance options through a number of models. Pick your hotness level. It worked in the '60s pretty well for Dodge, Plymouth, Ford, and Chevy/Pontiac, but only Dodge is making it work big time today. I had posted the other day that the Dodge Challenger was the biggest selling muscle car in 2021, unseating Ford who had the title since 2015. There's a reason why the Challenger is the sales leader, even with an aging platform. Their formula works.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The first mod is in the books. The windows have been tinted with some 15%.
Fin-1.jpg

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
When you think of how much the Mustang has changed over the same period. It really says something about nailing a timeless design. Sort of like the Wrangler. No reason to make huge changes to what already is a brilliant layout. The interior of the Challenger and Charger is where the big changes have come. This is probably one of the nicest interiors I've ever been in. They nailed this car down the the wheels. This is going to be the first vehicle I've owned since my 1988 BMW 325i that I haven't wanted to change the wheels on. They check all of the boxes. Forged, light...Great offset and profile...

The 2005 Mustang...
2005 Mustang.jpg

The 2006 Challenger Concept...
2006.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Another plus, the 392 has the best exhaust note in the business today outside of some exotics. I miss that sound and wish my Coyote made that kind of music.

Dead on. I drive around with the drive mode set so that the active exhaust is always open. It is music.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
When you think of how much the Mustang has changed over the same period. It really says something about nailing a timeless design. Sort of like the Wrangler. No reason to make huge changes to what already is a brilliant layout. The interior of the Challenger and Charger is where the big changes have come. This is probably one of the nicest interiors I've ever been in. They nailed this car down the the wheels. This is going to be the first vehicle I've owned since my 1988 BMW 325i that I haven't wanted to change the wheels on. They check all of the boxes. Forged, light...Great offset and profile...

The 2005 Mustang...
View attachment 1734216

The 2006 Challenger Concept...
View attachment 1734217

Not having to change wheels is big. I hate that most manufacturers can never get wheels right. How damn hard is it? Just look to the aftermarket and copy.

Users who are viewing this thread