I complain a lot... but, this place is legit for oil!

jbes3

Established Member
Just bought 12 quarts and a filter from K-mansParts in Rock Hill, SC. Had the oil and filter shipped to me cheaper than buying it anywhere in town here in GA. Saved about $5/quart over the dealership, and have enough for one oil change right now. Will buy another 12 quarts and 2 filters next time. Was about $9.50/qt with shipping. Had it to me in two days, even shipping it during Christmas time.

:beer: If you are looking for oil, especially 5W-50, I think this was a great deal.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Your post is lacking important details. What brand of oil and filter being the most important...

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm going to assume he is talking about this.

Link

No way in H E double hockey sticks would I ever pay $8.19 per quart for Motorcraft 5W-50 that is proven to be junk.

No thank you! Good day to you sir!

I've never run Motorcraft oil but please explain a little further about the quality of Motorcraft oil.

At quick glance, they have decent prices on Motorcraft oil filters and friction modifier (not you need to buy that very often)

facepalm2.gif

Op got hosed.

You should check out that GT500 UOA thread OP. Everyone should. These guys have taken the 'guess work' out of picking an oil for those motors and setups, whether stock or aftermarket t-stat.

jbes3

Established Member
Lol. Guess somehow I for hosed although I found the ford recommended oil for my car at a price significantly lower than what I had found.

I prefer 5w-50 motorcraft... As that's what ford recommends and they have a little more experience than I.

I have a '13 GT.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I've never run Motorcraft oil but please explain a little further about the quality of Motorcraft oil.

At quick glance, they have decent prices on Motorcraft oil filters and friction modifier (not you need to buy that very often)

Everyone who buys Motorcraft 5W-50 for their 13 GT track pack, 12+ Boss 302, or GT500....

Please read BOTH of these threads before ever buying another quart.

GT500 UOA Thread

Something to consider thread....

I prefer 5w-50 motorcraft... As that's what ford recommends and they have a little more experience than I.

I have a '13 GT.

Just because Ford recommends it doesn't mean it's the best choice. Its been proven with science that Motorcraft 5W-50 is sub par in comparison with other lubricants. 5W-50 shears rapidly to a light 40 grade lubricant, normally in 2,000 miles or less. UOA reports also result in higher wear metal ppm versus lighter grade true synthetic formulations.

Both threads posted above should clarify everything.

Last edited:

jbes3

Established Member
It's that time again... to change the oil. Been reading a lot and decided on the Amsoil 10w40, however, I can't get it today and looks like I will be going with the Royal Purple 5W30 for now. Anyone have success with that? Will run it for 3K miles and then do a switch to Amsoil.

Car is DD, I am in Georgia, and it sees the strip 1-2x a year.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It's that time again... to change the oil. Been reading a lot and decided on the Amsoil 10w40, however, I can't get it today and looks like I will be going with the Royal Purple 5W30 for now. Anyone have success with that? Will run it for 3K miles and then do a switch to Amsoil.

Car is DD, I am in Georgia, and it sees the strip 1-2x a year.

If your are never going to race your car on the road course, you do not need 10W-40.

Stick with a true synthetic 30 grade lubricant. I'm not fond of Royal Purple 5W-30 (non-HPS). I'd be more likely to buy and use Pennzoil Ultra 5W-30 off the shelf than any other quick grab/buy lubricant.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread