I bought my L a playmate!

qurtrn10

Established Member
IMAG0009.gif

Focus1.gif

:banana:

qurtrn10

Established Member
If that actually has the Euro package on it then it's a rare car.

It's not an EAP. My perfect car would have been an '04 SVTF SB EAP ZX3. I put out threads looking for one of the (around) 78 out there on SVTP, Focus Fanatics, and Focaljet. I had a friend who goes to the dealer auctions looking, and of course I was scouring the internet as best I could to find one for a few weeks to no avail.

I'm going to make this one an EAP clone, and if a real one comes along, I'll decide if I want to sell mine to get the real thing or not. Good thing is, the car I bought is in great shape, so I can be very happy, even if I never run across the real deal.

To make it a perfect EAP clone, I would still need to install the Recaro interior (heated front seats, rear seats, door panels, rear side panels), traction control, and block heater. Living in south Florida, I could care less about the block heater, so one less thing to add. :rockon:

The other great thing about this particular car is that the previous two owners were on Focus Fanatics, so I can look back to exactly when certain modifications and maintenence were done.

What was really frustrating when I was out looking is that the '04 SVTF SB EAP ZX5 is rarer than the three door, yet I found two of those for sale immediately.

Last edited:

qurtrn10

Established Member
Here's a few better pics (without that damn uhaul dolly in the pic).

IMAG0020.gif

IMAG0019.gif

IMAG0018.gif

If you noticed the fake Saleen stripes, FF stickers over the Ford emblems, and large SVT decal in the first day's pics, those are now gone.

Next up is figuring out how to best fix the speaker system in the back. The stock audiophile sub was included, but not installed or hooked up. Instead, there's a different sub box and amp in the hatch area. I want to ditch the extra stuff, pull the sub out of the stock sub box, and replace it with something high quality. Then I'll have to find where the stock amp is, and assess it's chances of sticking around.

IMAG0024.gif

IMAG0023.gif

N A Rush

Established Member
Does this mean that you finished the EATC and dash install???

BTW, nice grab there! :beer: Especially, like the matching colors.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
nothing better than owning a couple SVT's... congrats. i wouldnt mind having a Focus. my old service manager had a EAP years ago and sold it for nothing... only had a handfull of miles too

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Damn, seems like every one is getting one of those these days...

I have a 03 SVT focus....

qurtrn10

Established Member
Just a little update...

I got the hatch looking and sounding right.
Before:
DSC_0057.gif

After:
DSC_0058.gif

I'm also almost done with my Recaro interior swap (front and rear seats, door panels, rear interior panels):
Before:
DSC_0055.gif

DSC_0054.gif

After:
DSC_0062.gif

DSC_0063.gif

It'll be nice when it gets cold and I get to test out the heated part of the seats. :)

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
very cool! i have wanted a SB SVT focus to complete my collection. just can't convince the wife. she already thinks i am nuts. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread